We know buying a bike is a big decision. And ‘trying before buying’ makes deciding on the right bike easier. That’s why we invest in the largest demo fleet of bikes in the north of the UK!
We are currently replacing our 2018 fleet with the latest 2019 makes and models. In a few months we’ll have an even bigger fleet, giving you even more bikes to try out. Please bear with us if we don’t have the model you’re after available for a demo. Remember, the display bikes in all our shops can be taken for a test ride (weather permitting of course!) so please come and see us or drop us a line if you want to check if we have a bike for you to try.
I REALLY REALLY WANT TO DEMO A SPECIFIC BIKE
Our biggest suppliers – Specialized, Whyte, Giant and Liv – carry extensive demo bike fleets. If you’re seriously interested in trying out one of their bicycles in a specific size, we will do all we can to source the bike so you can enjoy a 2-day test ride.
HOW TO ARRANGE A SHORT TEST RIDE
- If you only have the time or inclination for a short ride of say, 15 minutes, just pop in to any of our shops. No booking required.
- All we ask is that you bring along photo id (passport or driving licence) and leave your bank card in our safekeeping while you go out for the ride
HOW TO ARRANGE A TWO-DAY TEST RIDE
- Advance booking is required
- Pop into your local Bike Co-op branch or phone us on 0131 331 5010
- We’ll then arrange to have the demo bike of your choice checked over and ready to go from your local Bike Co-op shop on a mutually convenient date.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING FOR A TWO-DAY TEST RIDE
- Photo id (driving licence or passport) and your bank details.
- We will take a security deposit of £1,000, which will be refunded in full when the bike is returned to us in the same condition you received it.
- We charge £50 for a 1-day hire (from 9am – 6pm) or £100 for a 2-day hire (9am through to 6pm on day two).
- Special Offer: When you return the bike in good condition, we will reward you with a £50 gift voucher (if you booked for one day) or £100 gift voucher (if you booked for two days.) This makes our two-day e-bike hire effectively free – not to be used in conjunction with other special offers.
Contact us to book a demo bike
Shop all Road Bikes
Shop all Mountain Bikes
Shop all Folding Bikes
Shop all Electric Bikes