Trying is believing
We mean it when we say, ‘you really must try out this bike to experience how good it is’.
That’s why we offer test rides on any bike on display in our shops – weather permitting.
We also host a dedicated ‘demo fleet’ of some of today’s most interesting new bikes, which you can take away and try-out over your favourite pedal stomping ground for a whole day or two.
NB – we are currently near the end of the 2017 bike season so our demo bike range is leaner than usual. We plan to expand this range as we receive more 2018 bikes, so we recommend you bookmark this page so you can look it up over the next few months for updates.
Arranging a short test ride
- If you only have the time or inclination for a short ride of say, 15 minutes, just pop in. No booking required.
- All we ask is that you bring along photo id (passport or driving licence) and leave your bank card in our safekeeping while you go out for the ride
Arranging a two-day test ride
- Advance booking is required
- Pop into your local Bike Co-op branch or phone us on 0345 257 0808 or 0131 331 5010
- We’ll then arrange to have the demo bike of your choice checked over and ready to go from your local Bike Co-op shop on a mutually convenient date.
What you need to bring for two-day test rides
- Proof of ID #1 – you will need to bring your passport or driving licence along to the shop
- Proof of ID #2 – we’ll also need to view a bank statement or utility bill as proof of your current address
- We will take a security deposit of £1,000, which will be refunded in full when the bike is returned to us in the same condition you received it
- We charge £100 for a 2-day hire (from 10:00 on day one till 17:30 on day two)
- When you return the bike in good condition, we will reward you with a £100 gift voucher. (This makes our two-day e-bike hire effectively free. Can’t say fairer than that.)
1. Commuter/Hybrid Bikes
SPECIALIZED TURBO VADO ELECTRIC COMMUTER BIKE
The Specialized Turbo Vado makes a strong case for being today’s most advanced e-commuter bike – see our blog.
Why commuter e-bike?
You like the idea of cycle commuting but you find it’s too much of a sweat. That first hill of the morning seems too daunting. You’ve relocated and your daily commute has doubled to over 10 miles each way.
Why not try out a Specialized e-bike for a couple of days? You might discover that it has the power to have you looking forward to your daily commute as much as our Simon does.
Phone 0131 331 5010 to book you test ride.
2. Brompton Folding Bikes
If you’ve ever wondered why Brompton owners go starry eyed when talking about their folding bikes, we almost always have one available for test rides, long or short, from our three branches that stock Brompton Bikes: Leeds, Aberdeen and Canonmills, Edinburgh.
Our Brompton test fleet comprises:
6. Electric Folding Bikes
The latest addition to our demo fleet is the Tern Vektron S10 electric folding bike. It’s the first electric folding bike we’ve tried that matched the quality ride performance of our favourite regular commuter e-bikes from Whyte and Kalkhoff.
More about this bike – see our blog article.
Contact us to book a demo bike
Shop all Brompton Bikes
Shop all Electric Bikes