Yorkshire Dales Mountain Biking The North Dales by Nick Cotton
Clear descriptions and Ordnance Survey mapping makes this book an excellent guide to the best routes to enjoy natural mountain biking in the North Dales.
Whether you're a beginner or an expert mountain biker, you'll discover some great places to ride in this guide book.
- 24 routes.
- Each route is clearly mapped.
- Each route map is sufficiently detailed so that most riders would manage the route without requiring a more detailed OS map or GPS (but don't let us put you off using these navigational aids if that's what you are comfortable with).
- Each route features easy-to-follow directions, details of distance and approximate timings.
- 'Altitude Profile' gradient maps prepare you for the severity of the climbs.
- Published 2006.
- 120x175mm (5 x 7 inches) convenient 'back-pocketable' format.
- 188 page paperback.
Publisher's Blurb'Yorkshire Dales Mountain Biking - The North Dales - a user-friendly guide to the best riding in the Northern Yorkshire Dales.
Find the best mountain biking routes, rides and trails in the northern half of the Yorkshire Dales with this comprehensive guide to the region.
The Dales offer a superb network of bridleways, usable all year round, with trails visiting great swathes of moor, rubble-strewn descents, broadleaf woodland, exposed hillsides, stone-based lanes, tarns and rivers.
The Yorkshire Dales National Park is one of the UK's most MTB-friendly national parks. With bike buses, restored bridleways and pubs with workshops out the back, riders of all abilities are guaranteed a good time.
This guide contains 24 routes from 8 to 60 kilometres long. They are drawn up by Nick Cotton, author of over 30 MTB guides, plotted on Harvey Maps and illustrated with photography by Andy Heading. A special bonus section lists the top 10 climbs, descents and cruises in the area as well as a selection of road climbs to make you wince!'