The Ultimate C2C Guide 2014 Edition
Subtitled 'Sea to sea by bike', the The Ultimate C2C Guide 2014 Edition is the best selling guide to the UK's premier long distance cycle route - around 140 miles of superb scenery, from the Irish Sea to the North Sea, taking in the Lake District and the Northern Pennines on the way.
Completed by thousands of cyclists every year, the C2C covers the route from Whitehaven or Workington to Sunderland or Newcastle. Part of Sustrans' National Cycle Network, the C2C uses mainly traffic-free paths and minor roads, which are fully signed and waymarked along the route.
- Written with authoriity by experienced cyclist / route guide rider Richard Peace.
- The Ultimate C2C Guide's compact format means it fits a rear pocket or a bar bag's map case.
- The Ultimate C2C Guide is spiral-bound. This makes it easy to follow your route with the book open at the right page.
- The front cover's flap doubles as a book mark.
- The inside front cover has a large scale map of the route that alerts you to the major climbs.
- The Ultimate C2C Guide divides the route into bite size sections.
- Each section has a 1:50,000 map.
- These 'section maps' often flag up interesting diversions from the main C2C route.
- Fine photographs inspire.
- Route info including food and accommodation.
- 17 x 13cm ( 7 x 5.2 inch) back pocketable format.
- 132 pages.
- Published 2014.