Spokes Favourite Cycle Rides
Spokes is the Lothian Cycle Campaign. Their Favourite Cycle Rides booklet describes eight of the best entries in Spokes 2015 ‘My Favourite Bike Ride' competition. Competition winners were chosen not just on the basis of the routes, but also on why the Spokes member especially recommends it.
- The rides in the booklet were selected from the best entries so as to give a variety of areas, distances and types of ride.
- Please note that the rides in the booklet are not fully detailed and your exact route should be decided in conjunction with a map – the booklet indicates which Spokes mapsare recommended for each ride.
The routes described are:
- East Edinburgh Parks and Panoramas (15 mile circuit taking in Leith, Holyrood Park, Portobello and Seafield)
- Cramond Lifesaver (easy 6 miles along Silverknowes Esplanade to Trinity)
- South West to Riccarton (21 mile Edinburgh circuit - almost all off road)
- Out to East Lothian (24 mile loop from Commonwealth Pool east via Musselburgh and Cockenzie, then back via Tranent and Whitecraig)
- Go West on the John Muir Way (from Davidson's Mains to Linlithgow)
- Midlothian Hills and Woods (12 mile loop taking the high roads from Gorebridge to Pathhead and Crichton)
- Rivers and Ropeswings (a fine 20 mile E Lothian loop beginning and ending in Dunbar)
- Home from Armadale (routes from Armadale to central Edinburgh)