Specialized S-Works Prevail Women's Helmet
Specialized's patent-pending Dual Density EPS shell with Kevlar-reinforced matrix reinforcement allows Specialized to create a 33-vent lid that brings us closer to helmet heaven - i.e. a helmet that fits so well you’re barely aware you're wearing it.
Watch the Specialized S-Works Prevail video
- Dual Density shell - the Specialized Prevail employs a lighter weight lower density EPS liner on the top of the helmet where the larger surface area can absorb more impact, while the intrinsically more vulnerable sides of the helmet are constructed in a higher density foam to strengthen it against whacks.
- This Dual Density shell is reinforced with a Kevlar Inner Matrix skeleton.
- Combining the Dual Density EPS foam with the Kevlar Inner Matrix minimises the material required to manufacture the Prevail Helmet.
- This reinforcement minimises the helmet's weight without compromising the helmet's integrity.
- 4th Dimension Cooling System with Mega Mouthport, deep internal channels, massive vents and aligned exhaust ports helps you keep your cool.
- The Mindset fit belt's tactile and audible dial adjuster ensures a precise and secure fit for all head shapes and sizes.
- Specialized's Instrap system means that the webbing straps are secured to the Inner Matrix at 4 points.
- The Instrap system should never pull or twist as can happen with lesser lids.
- The Instrap system minimises strap length.
- The Instrap system maximises rider comfort by minimizing the amount of strap that comes in contact with your face.
- The Instrap system's thin, soft and lightweight DryLite webbing straps won't stretch out with sweat or water.
- The Tri-Fix web splitter enhances comfort and makes it easier to adjust the straps.
- 220g (large).
'The S-Works Prevail is the ultimate lightweight racing helmet, combining great ventilation, aerodynamic design, and ultra-light construction for the best all-around performance. Updated with a new high-performance pad design.'
‘The Prevail is the only helmet that feels more aero while allowing you to keep your eyes where they belong, down the road. The Prevail is light, cool and comfortable. It does all those things incredibly well, but what makes the helmet truly exceptional is the fact that it is just plain fast.’
'The new Mindset internal fit system is fantastic. I really like the one-handed adjustability of it. You can also adjust how far down the back of your head the Mindset sits. (Or conversely, how far down your brow the front of the helmet reaches). This is especially handy for fall and winter when you’ll have a hat on underneath your helmet.
The other improvement over past Specialized lids is the abbreviate nature of the Mindset. In the past, they wrapped all the way around the head. The forehead part always dug in to my head. This is now a thing of the past. Well done, Specialized.
To save weight, the straps are thinner and there is no adjustability on their junction under the ears. Specialized calls it its Tri-Fix strap arrangement. I was initially worried about the lack of strap adjustability. I’m picky about how straps fall around my ears. But the Prevail was extremely comfortable and the Tri-Fix places them well below the ear'.