ETA is a very intelligent lockout system which is easy to operate via the switch on top of the fork's LH leg. When you switch on ETA, the fork locks down. This effectively lowers the handlebars making for a more comfortable bob-free climbing position. Plus, instead of locking it out completely, you still get 30mm travel to take the edge off bumps.
- Travel: 105 or 120mm.
- Damping: 1-side: ETA, Open bath. 1-side: Open bath
SSV Hydraulic Damping.
- Adjustability: ETA Extension Travel Adjustment limits the fork's extension - a desirable attribute when you're climbing. Air preload & internal rebound.
- Spring: 1 side: Air. 1 side: ETA/Coil.
- Superlight forged 'M' crown cryofit design.
- 30mm alloy stanchions.
- Alloy 1 1/8"steerer.
- Magnesium Monolite 1-piece arch & lower legs.
- Dropouts: standard.
- International standard disc mounts.
- Colour: Black.
- Approximate Weight: 1,825g.
Over recent years, Marzocchi Bombers have built a reputation among the Edinburgh Bicycle riders and mechanics as the most reliable fork out there. Here's why.
- ETA (Extension Travel Adjust) locks the rebound so the fork stays locked down in the compression position while still delivering 30mm travel. You can turn ETA on or off with a flick of the fork leg-top-mounted dial.
- SSV means Speed Sensitive Valve. Oil flows through the valves at a slow rate over small bumps, and at a progressively faster rate over bigger bumps. This makes the fork active over the smallest bump, and ramps up the damping for bigger bumps.
- Bigger seals and bushings prevents ingress of nasties. In fact Bombers are so well sealed, they don't always feel as smooth as their competitor's when they're brand new. After a few weeks however, the Marzocchi Bomber reveals itself as buttery smooth, and it remains so ride after ride.
- Open Bath System - oil is used as a lubricant, damping fluid and coolant in both legs to reduce friction and ensure long term performance and durability. Drawing on Marzocchi's experience of manufacturing hydraulic motorcycle forks since 1949, every Marzocchi Bomber fork is oil damped, oil lubricated and oil cooled. Oil completely coats the surface between stanchion tube and bushing to provide a slick surface for the 2 parts to glide between. Match this slippery action with Marzocchi's compression damping control and you get a fork that is supple over ripple bumps and resistant to bottoming.
- Magnesium Powerwrap M-Arch: Not only is it lighter and stiffer than a conventional brake bridge, you will appreciate the March for its sheer Italian elegance.
- Magnesium Monolite - Marzocchi's one-piece lower-leg assembly not only looks the business, it's low weight allows the fork to react quicker whenever it encounters a bump.
- Cyrofit Crown: Marzocchi's unique process of joining the stanchions and crown is lighter weight and stronger than traditional bolted or bonded designs.