Garmin Edge 1000 Performance Bundle
The Edge 1000 is Garmin's most feature-filled GPS cycle computer to date (November 2014).
Made for navigating, competing, and connecting. Fit the Garmin Edge to your bars and you really can train like the pros (because that's what many of them will be using next season).
See Garmin Edge 1000 video
Along with in-ride challenges and connected features, the Garmin Edge 1000 offers advanced bike-specific navigation and mapping capabilities. The preloaded Garmin Cycle Map includes Open Street Map content with routable road and cycle paths, elevation data, points of interest and address search. Mapping data is stored onboard the Edge, so your access to navigation and performance capabilities isn't dependent on mobile phone coverage. What's more, map updates are free.
The 76mm / 3 inch, high-resolution colour touchscreen is customisable according to the ride.
For instance, out of town, you can set up the screen to display, say, speed, distance travelled, descent/ascent and heart rate
In town, you might make do with temperature, time of day, and distance to your destination.
Know Where to Go
Now you can explore more, on and off road, thanks to the Garmin Edge 1000's round-trip routing feature. Simply enter how far you want to ride, and the Edge 1000 calculates up to 3 cycling-friendly routes. You can even review the elevation profiles before making your selection. It also offers a new route planner capability that allows you to create routes directly on the Edge 1000 using the map, POI and segments you've downloaded from Garmin Connect. Again, you can preview the elevation profile of your custom route before you roll. If you do get off course or want to end your ride sooner, Edge can always guide you back to the start or calculate the most direct route and provide turn-by-turn directions to get you back.
Much, much more
- Text messages and phone alerts from your phone can be directed to your device - if you've ever pulled over to answer your mobile phone, only to discover it's a cold call about ppi, you'll love this feature.
- 76mm, high-resolution colour touchscreen
- You can scroll the touchscreen while wearing gloves - even in the rain.
- Ambient light sensor automatically adjusts screen brightness to improve visibility and save battery life.
- Fully connected: Bluetooth / BLE / WiFi / ANT enables flexible and instant upload and download of data with Garmin Connect.
- Garmin Connect segment compatibility enables virtual races (similar to Strava)
- Integration with compatible Shimano Di2 electronic shifting systems - displays which gear you're in.
- 8GB internal memory pre-loaded with Garmin Cycle Map for Europe (based on OSM) on and off road.
- GPS GLONASS capability.
- Includes DEM data and address search, microSD slot for loading additional map data if required.
- RoutePlanner capability.
- RoundTrip Routing
- LiveTrack session
- Compatibility with ANT power systems such as Garmin Vector
- 15 hour battery life
- Garmin Edge 1000 computer/GPS.
- Standard handlebar mount.
- Xtended out-front mount.
- Preloaded maps
- Speed sensor.
- Cadence sensor.
- Heart rate monitor.
Edinburgh Bicycle support recycling electrical equipment.