If youre looking for an extra-comfy bike with a womens open frame, you should head for the Cove. The lightweight aluminium frame is shorter than on regular ladies bikes so its less of a stretch to the bars. Thats good because a bike thats too long with bars too low can be a pain in the neck (and the wrists and the back). Here, although the reach is shorter, the bars are higher so you can ride in upright comfort - a theme that the suspension fork and seatpost can only accentuate. For all its old world comfort, one look at the silver aluminium-rich component spec will inform you that the Cove is no clunker.
- The frame is lightweight aluminium.
- The reliable coil-sprung Suntour suspension fork absorbs the bumps up front.
- This is one of the few suspension forks that takes full-length mudguards.
- The Bassano Trekking Comfort saddle on the suspension seatpin cushions bumps at the back.
- Shimano Megarange gears flatten hills.
- The semi-slick tyres are much faster than knobblies while retaining good grip.
- The riser bars are mounted onto an adjustable-rise Aheadstem. This makes it easier to 'dial in' the most comfortable handlebar position.
Write Your Own Review
Comfort-geometry aluminium frame.
SR SunTour CR-880 suspension. Alloy lower legs.
Double-wall alloy silver rims.
|Quando quick release (QR) alloy hubs.|
|Stainless steel spokes.|
|Tyres:||Camel CB 588 26x1.9 tyres.|
21-speed Shimano EZ Fire shifters.
Shimano Acera silver gears.
SunTour XC300 compact chainset 22/32/42 w/chainguard.
|Shimano 14-34 MegaRange freewheel.|
|Platform pedals with rubber grippers.|
Tektro silver V-brakes with Allen key-fit brake blocks.
Hi-polish silver riser bars.
|Adjustable-rise aheadstem w/spacers.|
|Saddle:||Bassano Trekking Comfort. Alloy suspension seatpost.|