The Edinburgh Country is our great-value touring bike.
- Proven Reynolds Chromoly steel frame.
- Reliable Shimano gears and hubs.
- Tektro cantilever brakes made specially for tourers (a rare case of something that works much better than Shimano).
- Full mudguards and alloy rack.
- 'The benchmark for affordable tourers.
- 'With the panniers full to bursting the Country handles well in all departments, tyres secure on the tarmac, with no hint of shimmying through the perfectly aligned compact Reynolds frame.
- 'Brazed-on spoke holders on the left hand chainstay show its serious touring aspirations.
- 'Sora shifting is consistently true.
- If you want a touring bike but don't have much cash, the Edinburgh Country is a great place to start. Another winner from north of the border.
Cycling Plus: Christmas 2001.
Write Your Own Review
Reynolds 520 butted chromoly.
Chromoly with investment cast crown - Low Rider compatible.
Rigida Zac 2000 rims.
|Shimano C201 hubs.|
|Stainless steel spokes.|
|Tyres:||Impac Speedpower 700 x 37 tyres.|
Shimano Sora 24-speed Dual Control shifters & rear gear.
|Shimano Acera front gear.|
|Shimano C201 chainset 28/38/48t.|
Shimano 11-30 cassette.
|Pedals:||Alloy pedals with toeclips.|
Shimano cantilevers. Shimano Sora levers.
ITM Europa drop handlebars.
|Forged alloy stem.|
|Saddle:||Selle Italia FLX saddle.|
|Seatpin:||Alloy micro-adjust seatpin. Allen key binder bolt.|
|Weight:||29 lbs / 13.2 kg.|
46cm (equiv 53cm), 49cm (equiv 57cm), 52cm (equiv 59cm), & 55cm (equiv 64cm).