It’s that time of year when bike brands are releasing their 2023 models with more being released all the time. We will take a look through some of the most exciting e bikes, road bikes, gravel bikes and mountain bikes that are in stock, or available to order now. We have many discounted 2023 bikes for sale Edinburgh and our other stores in Newcastle, Leeds & Aberdeen as well as online.
Road bikes are designed to be efficient and comfortable on tarmac and typically have thinner tyres and drop handlebars. For people who want to get from A to B on roads using as little energy as possible or as fast as possible. Drop handlebar bikes give a more efficient riding position as the position your body is in will reduce drag. The largest manufacturers will either make unisex road bike frames or make road bikes for men or women.
- Giant road bikes
- Merida road bikes UK
- Specialized road bikes
The Giant Defy Advanced 1 2023 is classed as an endurance road bike due to its more upright sitting position with the focus on comfort while maintaining efficiency. Giant are one of the leading carbon manufacturers in the bike industry. We also have some great deals on Giant Bikes 2022 Models.
- Advanced grade composite carbon frame and forks with built in flex in the front and rear for excellent comfort and stiffness in the bottom bracket and downtube to give you the efficiency you expect from a high-end road bike.
- Internal cable routing for a clean look.
- Higher front end due to a longer headtube for a comfortable position for most riders.
- The newest Shimano 105 Di2 electronic groupset for dependability and smooth shifting at a lower price.
- Wider 32c tyres adding to the plush feel of the Defy Advanced 1.
- Unlike other brands, the Giant brand supply the Defy range with tubeless setup as standard
- Shimano 105 Hydraulic disc brakes for supreme stopping even in the wet.
Like road bikes, gravel bikes have drop handlebars for a more efficient cycling position but differ by having wider tyres for riding on gravel, mudguard capability and include mounts for racks or space for bike packing equipment. Gravel bikes are great for versatility as they can be ridden on mixed terrain and for many different purposes.
The Merida Silex 200 is a do-it-all gravel bike that is happy on roads and dirt tracks. Can be fitted with rack and mudguards to be used as a commuter or light touring bike also. Great for those searching for a bike that can do a bit of everything whatever the route.
- Lightweight Aluminium frame and full carbon fork with a MTB inspired gravel geometry for a comfortable and nimble bike.
- Shimano Sora 2x9 gears for reliable shifting on road or off.
- Mechanical Disc brakes with tough bicycle brake pads for dependable stopping in all weathers.
- Multiple luggage carrying options.
The Merida Silex 400 is based off the same frame, forks and wheels as the Silex 200 but with upgraded gears and brakes for smoother shifting and more powerful braking.
- Shimano GRX400 gravel specific 2x10 gearing designed to be more robust for offroad cycling or on poor tarmac (plenty of those in Britain)
- Shimano GRX400 hydraulic disc brakes for sensitive, powerful breaking with less maintenance.
The Whyte Friston is a capable and fun gravel bike more leaning towards the off-road due to wider, knobblier tyres, dropper post and a one-by gearing system but can still more than hold it’s own on road.
- Light and efficient hydro formed Aluminium frame with a full carbon fork for comfort and stability.
A SRAM Apex 1 11-speed groupset offers simplicity & efficiency
- Grippy and wide tubeless ready Maxxis tyres for grip and comfort.
- Mounts for mudguards and rack for commuting or bikepacking setup.
Built on the same high-quality frame and forks as the Friston, the Whyte Gisburn goes all out in terms of components.
- The fully-wireless SRAM Rival Etap AXS for light, efficient shifting
- Shimano GRX810 hydraulic disc brakes for exceptional light action and powerful stopping.
- Equally at home in a gravel race or cross country riding.
- incredible quality Easton AR-25 tubeless ready rims which are light, nimble and efficient shifting with wide 45c tyres for loose surface grip.
The Whyte Pimlico is a fast and efficient hybrid that is quick on roads and also capable on light gravel trails. An excellent commuter bike or fun leisure bike.
The Pimlico Compact features shaped, multi butted and uniquely profiled rear stays giving the rider a fantastically responsive and comfortable ride
Compact geometry means a reduced reach - ideal for smaller riders or those that prefer a more upright riding position
Shimano 1x11 drivetrain and Shimano hydraulic disc brakes keep everything under control.
A hardtail mountain bike for those that want amazing capability on the downhills while maintaining the efficiency of a hardtail on the uphills.
Super capable hardtail thanks to the perfect combination of geometry, components and tyre choice
- Whyte 900 series bikes are multi award winning bikes spanning many years
Sram SX Eagle 12-Speed gearing for robust and reliable shifting.
TRP 4-piston brakes for effective stopping on steep descents
KS dropper post and Maxxis EXO 2.8" tyres better cornering on the most technical trails.
Rockshox 35 Gold fork for smooth riding and stability under extreme cornering and braking
Another of the award winning 900 series bike and built around the same frame as the 901 but with some significant upgrades.
- Upgraded to the Rockshox Pike Select RC fork for less lateral movement while cornering and less rock back and forth under braking for predictable and confidence inspiring handling.
- SRAM NX Eagle 12 speed shifting for light, smoother and more robust gears.
- SRAM 4-piston brakes with 180mm rotors for stopping on the steep stuff.
- As with the 900 series, through axle front and rear compliments the powerful disc brakes
The Specialized Chisel Comp is the perfect bike for XC rides and racing due to the light weight and durability and strikes the balance between efficient climbing and capable descending.
Specialized Smartweld Alloy frame is the perfect balance of light weight and durability
12-speed Shimano Deore drivetrain features unparalleled performance in its class
RockShox Judy Gold offers 80/100mm of lightweight, size-specific travel, perfect for cross country.
The Whyte Highgate Compact 2023 makes this list as this has been one of our most popular electric bikes due to it's excellent balance between a relatively light but full powered electric bike which is nimble and fun for roads and gravel paths.
- Approximately 45 miles of range on a single charge
- 60 n/m of torque to get you up the steepest hills
- 47c tyres for added comfort and grip while on or off road
- Around 19kg (dependent on size) which is well below average for a bike at this price that offers this range and torque.
- Low centre of gravity for efficient climbing and nippy handling
Womens electric bike edinburgh bicycle coop