Specialized Airnet Helmet
The Specialized Airnet enjoys many of the features of the Specialized Prevail. However, it's even more aero, and it introduces a number of innovations of its own including eyewear vent grips and merino anti-odour pads.
What's more you can swap out the original pads for a liner that incorporates merino pads and a peak. This arrangement is a neater alternative to the old trick of wearing a peaked cycling cap under your road helmet to shade your eyes from the sun or rain.
- Composite matrix internal reinforcement enables Specialized to build the Airnet with 23 extra wide, extra long vents to maximise cooling airflow.
- Eyewear grippers integrated into the front and rear vents help ensure secure sunglasses storage whenever you take your shades off and slot them into this lid.
- Like the best base layers, the Airnet's pads are odour-resistant Drirelease merino wool.
- The ultra-light Mindset fit belt system is height adjustable, while its discreet micro-dial delivers the perfect fit.
- 4th Dimension Cooling System comprising Mega Mouthport, in-line vent configuration, deep internal vent channelling and rear exhaust ports helps you keep a cool head.
- Specialized's minimal Instrap webbing system is ultra-light, easier to set up and it resists twisting.
- This thin, soft, lightweight 4X DryLite webbing won't stretch out with sweat or water.
- Like every current Specialized helmet, the Airnet features Specialized's Tri-Fix strap system.
- Tri-Fix means the strap guides are fixed in place on each side, just below ear lobe level so they will never require adjustment.
- The only strap that can be adjusted is the one that goes through the chin buckle.
- With only one buckle to loosen or tighten, the Specialized's Tri-Fix strap system makes this helmet much easier to set up compared with regular helmets with multiple strap adjustment points.
- Tri-Fix guides also also do a great job of keeping the straps in adjustment and preventing them twisting.
- 337g - based on weighing a large Specialized Airnet Helmet at Bike Co-op HQ in November 2015.
'Clean and simple, the Airnet helmet is the ideal blend of functionality and performance for riders seeking both adventure and style.'