SKS Raceblade Long II Mudguards
SKS Raceblade Long II Mudguards are indeed 18% longer than the originalsto maximise their splash-catching potential.
'If you're looking for full mudguards that you can slip on and off at will then the SKS Raceblade Long is about as good an option as you've got right now. They're not perfect but they're certainly a class above most clip-on 'guards. 4.5'. road.cc. This review refers to the Mk1 version of the Raceblade Long. The Mk2 version which we stock has much improved fittings.
- Supplied with XL (17cm) spoiler/mudflap to extend their reach (helps prevent you spraying the person on your back wheel in the chain gang).
- Made for bikes with tyres up to 700x25.
- Tool-free mounting in minutes.
- The rear SKS Raceblade Long Mudguard is approx 57cm long.
- The front is approx 41 cm long.
- Supplied with adapter for aero forks.
- Manufacturer's published weight: 317g
'This ultra long clip-on mudguard set for road bike tyres up to 25mm protects you, whether you're riding your road bike in a warm summer rain or on solitary winter training rides. The end of each mudguard extends to below the hub axles. This length ensures a full coverage, meaning you, and also the cyclist behind you are protected from splashing. The guards can be perfectly adapted to the radius of the wheel by adjusting the length of the stays. Once the steel mounting brackets are fitted to the bicycle the mudguards can be clipped on and off in seconds. The brackets attach to the brake bolts and the wheel skewers meaning they can be fitted to bikes without mudguard eyelets.'