Ridgeback Nova '16
The Ridgeback Nova is a simple, practical, stylish everyday bike.
The Nova is part of Ridgeback's deservedly popular Metro range of city/commuter/recreation bikes (which includes the best selling Ridgeback Speed).
Design-wise, with its single-chainring 1x7 Shimano transmission, the Ridgeback Nova is stripped down to the basics. (Though, as with any of our bikes, if you need anything fitted to the Nova, such as mudguards, please ask when you order the bike and we will waive the standard fitting charge.)
- The 6061 aluminium frame and hi-tensile fork are lightweight and strong.
- Its 36 spokes and Shimano cassette rear hub make the alloy rear wheel stronger than one built with fewer spokes and fitted with a screw-on freewheel.
- Continental 700x37 tyres are smooth-rolling, grippy and puncture resistant.
- These are probably the best quality brand name tyres you'll find on a bike at this price.
- The Shimano Revo twistshifters zap their way through the 7 gears.
- Its 12-32 Shimano cassette and 40t chainring might offer a wide enough range of gears for your needs.
- Reliable alloy V-brakes on alloy wheel rims.
- The triple density handlebar grips and the light cushioned saddle help guarantee comfort from the off.
- The tall handlebar stem enables upright riding comfort.
Write Your Own Review
|Ridgeback Nova '16|
|Frame:||6061 Heat treated Aluminium|
|Fork:||Hi Ten Steel|
|Rear hub:||JY-733 FR, Shimano RM30 RR|
|Front hub:||JY-733 FR, Shimano RM30 RR|
|Rims:||LA-05 Aluminium 36h|
|Tyres:||Continental Contact 700 x 37c|
|Shift levers:||Shimano SL-RS45 7sp|
|Rear mech:||Shimano RD-TX55|