- Sturdy but lightweight 7005-series aluminium MTB frame. Eyeletted seat stays (new for 2005) and dropouts makes it easy to fit a pannier rack neatly.
- Rigid steel fork - lighter weight than suspension. No servicing required, ever.
- Shimano EZ Fire gear shifter - very light action means they are as easy to use as their name implies.
- Decent alloy chainset, also from SunTour. The chainguard helps keep trouser cuffs clean.
- Alloy wheels - lighter weight and better braking surface than steel rims. QR (quick release) for convenience - no need to carry a spanner to remove the wheels.
- Semi-slick 26x1.95 tyres - wide as a mountain bike's but far less knobbly so they're faster on the road while remaining sure-footed on defined trails.
- 3/4-length mudguards with anti-splash tails and stainless steel stays.
- Velo comfort saddle and Kraton dual density grips help cushion your contact points with the bike.
- Tektro V-brakes are the best Shimano knockoffs we've had the pleasure to use.
- A chainstay guard and the lacquered-over decals (both new for 2005) help the frame keep its good looks .
Write Your Own Review
Stongman Airline 26" double-wall alloy 32h rims.
|Formula alloy QR hubs.|
|Tyres:||CST C1386 26x1.95" semi-smooth ATB tyres.|
Shimano Altus EZ Fire 21-speed gear shifters.
Shimano Tourney TX50 rear / CO51 front gears.
|SunTour CW-XCC 170mm alloy cranks with 28/38/48t chainrings and smoked nylon chainguard. Cartridge-sealed bottom bracket.|
|Shimano 14-28 freewheel.|
|VP990S steel-caged pedals, toeclips compatible.|
Tektro 845 alloy V-brakes. Shimano levers.
Tioga alloy riser bars on adjustable-rise Aheadstem. Velo Kraton grips.
|Saddle:||Velo Comfort saddle on HL alloy 27.2x300mm micro adjust seatpost. Kalloy CNC-machined seat binder clamp.|
|Approx. Weight:||Approximate Weight: 32lb/14.5kg.|
18, 20, 22".
Matt Slate Grey.