We defy you to find a less expensive Shimano Deore disc brake-equipped mountain bike. Some of the worlds smartest cycling journalists rate disc brakes as the best MTB innovation of the past 10 years because unlike rim brakes:
- Disc brakes are virtually oblivious to the weather.
- They don't pick up nearly as much mud or vegetation.
- They won't wear out the rims.
- The brake pads last longer.
- If youve ever cycled downhill and found your rim brakes wanting, youre a candidate for disc brakes.
This Cuillin doesnt sport any old disc brake. It comes with Shimano Deore. If youre already familiar with, say, Deore gears or hubs, youll know that this mid-priced Shimano groupset consistently delivers the best performance : price ratio in the world of bicycle components. And thats why Shimano Deore disc brakes are such a fitting component of the Revolution Cuillin Disc.
Upgrades from the Edinburgh Cuillin 3HT:
- Shimano Deore 515 disc brakes.
- Disc brake-compatible hubs.
Write Your Own Review
SunTour XC60 suspension fork 75mm travel.
Deep-section Vuelta Freeway deep-section rims.
|Quick release alloy disc hubs (freehub rear).|
|Stainless steel spokes.|
|Tyres:||WTB (Wilderness Trail Bikes) Velociraptor 26 x 2.1.|
24-speed Shimano EZ Fire shifters.
Shimano Acera gears.
SunTour XCC300PB chainset 22/32/42.
|Shimano 11-28 cassette.|
|Steel cage pedals - toeclip compatible.|
Shimano Deore 515 disc brakes. Shimano levers.
Aluminium MTB Riser bars.
|Front-loader alloy Aheadstem. Velo 097 Kraton grips.|
|Saddle:||Dual fabric anti-compression saddle on alloy seatpost.|
18, 20, 22.