- Sturdy but lightweight 7005-series aluminium MTB frame. Eyeletted seat stays (new for 2005) and dropouts - take rack and full mudguard.
- Rigid steel fork - lighter weight than suspension. No servicing required, ever. Eyeletted - takes full mudguard.
- Nice wheels - the rims are double-walled for strength; the sidewalls machined for improved braking. The rear hub is the freehub style (takes a cassette) so it's stronger than one that takes a freewheel.
- Fast, tough, grippy Tioga Comodo street tyre (new for 2005).
- Because it has a mountain bike frame and 26" wheels, there is nothing to stop you fitting 26x2" knobblies for a mountain biking weekend - something you could not do on any 700c-wheeled hybrid bike.
- 8 speed - just one shifter, one chainring and one derailleur - but the 11-32 cassette provides a wide enough range of gears for most people in the city. Put it another way, the only other bike we know of with a Shimano 8-speed Alivio transmission is the £650 Specialized P2.
- SunTour single-ring chainset (new for 2005) with formidable CNC'd bash/chainguard.
- Good name-brand Tioga alloy bars and stem - lighter than steel and they never rust.
- Tektro V-brakes are the best Shimano knock-offs we've had the pleasure to use.
- Shimano brake levers (new for 2005).
- The Rocket V-Comp saddle features a numbness-alleviating Love Channel cutout in the centre.
- The dark matt finish emphasises the bike's stealth appeal. A chainstay guard and the lacquered-over decals (both new for 2005) help the frame keep its good looks.
- Sizes: 18, 20, 22".
Write Your Own Review
Stongman Airline 26" double-wall alloy 32h rims.
|Formula alloy QR hubs (cassette rear).|
|Tyres:||Tioga Comodo 26x1.5".|
Shimano Alivio 8-speed Rapidfire shifter.
Shimano Alivio rear gear.
|SunTour CW-SCC344 170mm alloy cranks with 44t chainring and CNC-machined bashguard/chainguard. Cartridge-sealed bottom bracket.|
|Shimano 11-32 cassette.|
|VP990S steel-caged pedals, toeclips compatible.|
Tektro 832A alloy V-brakes. Shimano levers.
Tioga alloy flat bars and Aheadstem. Velo Kraton grips.
|Saddle:||WTB Rocket V-Comp saddle on HL alloy 27.2x300mm micro adjust seatpost. Kalloy CNC-machined seat binder clamp.|
|Approx. Weight:||Approximate Weight: 26lb/11.8kg.|
18, 20, 22".