Their summary: 'You get a good, and stylish-looking alu frame, Shimano Sora/2200 gears, and the excellent Sora shifters, but most eye catching of all you get a carbon fork, and a decent one at that. Sadly in '04 at least, no triple option, but that's nit picking. A bargain and a worthy Budget Bike of the Year.'
Our cue to spec the 2005 Conti Race with a fancy TruVativ triple chainset with a bailout 30t hill-climbing ring to augment the fast 42/52t rings, yet despite this upgrade, 2004's Budget Bike of the Year now costs £25 than it did in 2004.
- Lightweight 7005 aluminium frame.
- Compact geometry - lighter, stiffer and more stepover height than traditional geometry.
- Carbon-bladed forks - probably the single most cost-effective means of making a road bikes lighter weight, more aerodynamic and more comfortable.
- Shimano Sora Dual Control STI shifters - the gear shifters are integrated with the brake levers. This allows you to change gear without taking your hands off the brake hoods, hence no loss of control or momentum. When changing gear is this simple, it becomes as unconscious as taking breath. And when changing gear becomes no big deal, you're more likely to ride in the right one.
- Tektro Dual Control brakes - the best Shimano knockoffs we've had the pleasure to use.
- Alloy QR wheels with cassette rear freehub. This makes for a stronger wheel because the axle is better balanced by the more-outboard right hand bearings.
Write Your Own Review
7005-Series aluminium compact frame.
Carbon fibre with integrated headset.
Rigida Nova rims.
|Alloy QR hubs (cassette rear).|
|Stainless steel spokes.|
|Tyres:||CB 601 700 x 25.|
Shimano Sora 3x8=24-speed STI Dual Control shifters.
Shimano Sora front / RD-2000 rear gears.
TruVative triple chainset with 30/42/52 chainrings. Cartridge sealed bottom bracket.
|Shimano 12-23 cassette.|
|Alloy pedals with toeclips.|
Tektro Dual Pivot Brakes with Shimano Sora levers.
HL Corp Europa drop bars. Black cork tape.
|Alloy Aheadstem. ????|
|Saddle:||Velo on alloy micro adjust seatpin.|
S, M, L.
Gloss Blood Red.