Pocket Mountains Bike Scotland by Feargal Macearlan
Published by the same stable who brought us the esteemed but inexpensive pocket mountain walker's guide books.
- Nice format - 15 x 10.5cm / 6 x 4" - just the right size (and content) to earn its place in any rider's back pocket.
- Cover flaps make it easy to bookmark the route you're following.
- Subtitled '40 great routes from central scotland'. It's true. I've done around half of these routes and agree they're all 'great'.
- Nicely printed in clear typeface with colour pictures and a pocket map of every route.
- Published 2005.
The Back Page Blurb
This guide features 40 on and off-road cycle routes, incorporating easy family trips, wild mountain rides and epic touring adventures across central Scotland.
From Arran and the Clyde Islands to the glens of highland Perthshire and from the Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park to the stunning beaches of the east coast this volume covers some of the best cycling areas in the country.
All of these routes can be reached in an hour or less by train from central Scotland's main cities.'
- Arran and the Incredible String Road - 68km
- Bute and the Cowal Peninsula - 75cm
- An easy day in Cumbrae - 14km
- Above Greenoch and the Clyde - 14km
- Rough Guide to the Campsies - 43km
- A bonnie ride from Balloch - 27km
- The Tarbet trail - 28km
- Over the hills to Cardross - 10km
- A Loch Lomond odyssey - 45km
- Tour de Falkirk - 35km
- Around the Falkirk Wheel - 19km
- Stirling and the Carron Valley - 38km
- Trossachs trail to Ardlui - 65km
- Sheriffmuir and Ochil views - 14km
- Loch Venacher by Callander - 60km
- Loch Katrine voyage - 85km
- Going wild in Glen Finglass - 80km
- Grand tour of Loch Tay - 142km
- The Loch of Lowes from Dunkeld - 18km
- The Hermitage and dark Craigvinean - 18km
- Rapid ride to Grandtully - 21km
- Tummel and freewheeling Faskally - 39km
- Killiecrankie and the Soldier'sLeap - 15km
- Glen Tilt -53km
- Struan and the Falls of Bruar - 19km
- Loch Rannoch loop - 43km
- Dunfermline to the Forth - 18km
- A round at Gleneagles - 40km
- Falkland of Fife - 33km
- St Andrews pilgrimage - 42km
- Take off from Leuchars - 20km
- Perth and the Palace - 23km
- Fast track to Glen Almond - 55km
- Gearing up for Cairnpapple - 19km
- Going Forth to Blackness - 18km
- The Union with the Forth and Clyde - 107km
- Easy spin to Riccarton - 24km
- Great Pentland Escape - 22km
- Rolling through East Lothian - 24km
- Coasting to Dunbar - 25km