Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel
Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel is subtitled a 'sponge-on cleaner for waterproof footwear'.
- Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel is a highly effective cleaner which has been specifically designed and optimised for breathable waterproof footwear.
- It's safe to use on breathable waterproof footwear as it does not leave water-attracting (hydrophilic) residues which can cause the fabric and leather to absorb water and 'wet out' as can be the case with less specialist shoe cleaners.
- Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel removes the dirt and stains that can compromise your footwear's Durable Water Repellency (DWR) treatment.
- Regular cleaning with Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel will revitalise your footwear's DWR (Durable Water Repellency) treatment and restores its breathability.
- Specifically recommended for Gore-Tex and eVent footwear - suitable for all the variants.
- Supplied in 125 mm bottle.
Nikwax was founded by a Londoner called Nick Brown whose first product was a waterproofing wax for hiking boots. Hence the name Nikwax. This was in 1977 - the year the Bike Co-op started. Still based in Britain, the Nikwax range has evolved over the years. The company is now recognised as the global leader in producing safe, high-performance waterproofing, cleaning and conditioning solutions for outdoor gear.
A poorly washed or unwashed technical garment will perform as badly as an unlubricated, rusty bicycle chain. Use Nikwax and your base layers, merino tops and breathable shells will perform like new.