Moon Comet-X Pro Front
The Comet-X Pro front bicycle light delivers double the output (up to 240lm) of the already impressive Moon Comet-Xto ensure you're seen when city biking.
Instead of utilising one or a few individual diodes, the Moon Comet-X Pro harnesses the lighting power of 16 COB (Chips On Board) LEDs. These COB LED mini chips are clustered to create a long slim lighting panel to create an intensely bright strip light effect. What's more, COB LEDs burn cooler so they should last even longer than standard LEDs.
The Moon Comet-X Pro's COB LEDs are primarily designed to get you seen. Although it might not throw the intense beam you'd want for extensive night riding beyond the city limits, the Comet-X Pro offers enough illumination to help you see your way home if you take a quick shortcut along, say, an unlit urban canal path.
- Designed to help keep you safe night and day this Moon light features a really impressive 240 lumen daytime flash option - and a choice of 6 other modes, constant and flashing.
- The lens protrudes to deliver 270 degree visibility to help ensure you're seen from all sides.
- The 500 mAh Lithium Polymer battery is USB rechargeable for convenience and economy (supplied with cable).
- Charge time: 2 hours.
- Very well made, the lamp's CNC aluminium heat sink helps it burn cooler to help ensure reliable light output and longevity.
- A rubber seal helps protect the USB port on the back of the lamp from the elements.
- Impressive water resistant IPX4 rating.
- Charge and fully charged indicator lights reveal the lamp's charging status.
- The charger automatically cuts off once the lamp is fully charged.
- A low battery indicator gives you early warning to switch to a lower power mode when riding.
- Supplied with two sizes of rubber strap, the Comet-X Pro can be secured to any shape of seatpost.
- This tool-free arrangement makes it easy to switch this light between different bikes.
- Moon also supply a belt clip for further mounting options.
- A choice of eight modes, constant or flash, from 20 to 120 lumen, lets you select the appropriate light output.
- Constant Mode Run Times: 1 hour 30 minutes (120 lumen), 2 hours 40 minutes (60 lm), 5 hours 30 minutes (30lm).
- Flashing Mode Run Times: 7 - 17 hours.
- Daytime flash mode: 21.5 hr (240 lm).
- Auto safe mode - guaranteed 1 hour ride time from the time it flashes an alert that the battery is down to its last 60 minutes of charge.
- Mode Memory Function - whenever you switch the light on, it reverts to the last mode you used.
- Manufacturer's published weight: 28g.
Edinburgh Bicycle support recycling electrical equipment.