Moon Comet-X Front
The USB-rechargeable Moon Comet-X front bicycle light harnesses the enhanced illumination power of 16 COB LEDs to help ensure you're seen.
Instead of utilising one or a few individual diodes, the Moon Comet-X harnesses the lighting power of 16 COB (Chips On Board) LEDs. These COB LED mini chips are clustered to create a long slim lighting panel to create an intensely bright strip light effect. What's more, COB LEDs burn cooler so they should last even longer than standard LEDs.
The Moon Comet-X's COB LEDs are primarily designed to get you seen. Although it might not throw the intense beam you'd want for extensive night riding beyond the city limits, the Comet offers enough illumination to help you see your way home if you take a quick shortcut along, say, an unlit urban canal path.
- Designed to help keep you safe night and day this Moon light features a really impressive 120 lumen daytime flash option - and a choice of 6 other modes, constant and flashing.
- The lens protrudes to deliver 270 degree visibility to help ensure you're seen from all sides.
- The 300 mAh Lithium Polymer battery is USB rechargeable for convenience and economy (supplied with cable).
- Charge time: 2 hours.
- Very well made, the lamp's CNC aluminium heat sink helps it burn cooler to help ensure reliable light output and longevity.
- A rubber seal helps protect the USB port on the back of the lamp from the elements.
- Impressive water resistant IPX4 rating.
- Charge and fully charged indicator lights reveal the lamp's charging status.
- The charger automatically cuts off once the lamp is fully charged.
- A low battery indicator gives you early warning to switch to a lower power mode when riding.
- Supplied with two sizes of rubber strap, the Comet can be secured to any shape of handlebar.
- This tool-free arrangement makes it easy to switch this light between different bikes.
- Moon also supply a belt clip for further mounting options.
- A choice of eight modes, constant or flash, from 20 to 120 lumen, lets you select the appropriate light output.
- Constant Mode Run Times: 1 hour 30 minutes (60 lumen), 2 hours 40 minutes (40 lm), 5 hours 30 minutes (20 lm).
- Flashing Mode Run Times: 7.5 - 18 hours.
- Daytime flash mode: 23 hr (120 lm).
- Auto safe mode - guaranteed 1 hour ride time from the time it flashes an alert that the battery is down to its last 60 minutes of charge.
- Mode Memory Function - whenever you switch the light on, it reverts to the last mode you used.
- Manufacturer's published weight: 25g.
Edinburgh Bicycle support recycling electrical equipment.