Probably the best value XC fork on the market, and one of the few available in both 1"-steerer and 1 1/8" versions.
'Marzocchi's entry level MXC forks have been favourites for years thanks to a sublimely plush stroke in either coil or oil flavours and an unparalleled reputation for reliability. This year they get 105mm travel, a stiffer architectture and lighter weight for spot-on rebound damping, which makes it hard to think why you'd spend more.'
WhatMountainBike? magazine's 'Best Budget Upgrade Components' feature: September 2003.
- 85mm travel (1" steerer version). 105mm (1 1/8"steerer version).
- Damping: Dual SSV.
- Adjustability: External preload & internal rebound.
- Spring: Dual Coil.
- Monolite Magnesium 1-piece cast lower legs and crown are assembled using Marzocchi's proven Cryofit assembly process which guarantees light weight without compromising the fork's strength and rigidityconfidence inspiring.
- 30mm alloy stanchions guarantee excellent tracking.
- Steel steerer.
- Magnesium Monolite 1-piece arch & lower legs.
- Dropouts: standard.
- International standard disc mount.
- Colour: Black (1" steerer version). Black or Silver (1 1/8"steerer version).
- Approximate Weight: 1,888g.
Over recent years, Marzocchi Bombers have built a reputation among the Edinburgh Bicycle riders and mechanics as the most reliable fork out there. Here's why.
- SSV means Speed Sensitive Valve. Oil flows through the valves at a slow rate over small bumps, and at a progressively faster rate over bigger bumps. This makes the fork active over the smallest bump, and ramps up the damping for bigger bumps.
- Bigger seals and bushings prevents ingress of nasties. In fact Bombers are so well sealed, they don't always feel as smooth as their competitor's when they're brand new. After a few weeks however, the Marzocchi Bomber reveals itself as buttery smooth, and it remains so ride after ride.
- Open Bath System - oil is used as a lubricant, damping fluid and coolant in both legs to reduce friction and ensure long term performance and durability. Drawing on Marzocchi's experience of manufacturing hydraulic motorcycle forks since 1949, every Marzocchi Bomber fork is oil damped, oil lubricated and oil cooled. Oil completely coats the surface between stanchion tube and bushing to provide a slick surface for the 2 parts to glide between. Match this slippery action with Marzocchi's compression damping control and you get a fork that is supple over ripple bumps and resistant to bottoming.
- Magnesium Powerwrap M-Arch: Not only is it lighter and stiffer than a conventional brake bridge, you will appreciate the March for its sheer Italian elegance.
- Magnesium Monolite - Marzocchi's one-piece lower-leg assembly not only looks the business, it's low weight allows the fork to react quicker whenever it encounters a bump.
- Cyrofit Crown: Marzocchi's unique process of joining the stanchions and crown is lighter weight and stronger than traditional bolted or bonded designs.