Liv Avail 4 Women's '16
This is the first ever Liv Avail 4.
The introduction of the Avail 4 makes a Liv women's sportive / AKA endurance road bike with carbon fork more affordable than ever before.
Designed by women for women
As well as coming with a shorter reach women's specific frame, the Liv Avail comes with a Liv women's saddle.
Bar top levers
Noting that many women don't appreciate being stretched out on the drops over the whole bike ride, the Liv Avail comes with bar-top brake levers to augment the standard drop bar STI levers.
Endurance Road Bike
The Avail 4 women's road bike was designed by Liv and manufactured by Giant, so you know it will be engineered true and strong, it will ride really well and it will offer all-day comfort.
Liv's true road geometry (72 degree head tube angle and 74.5 degree seat tube angle in medium size) positions you on the bike to help you achieve maximum output (i.e. speed for your effort). The frame's slightly taller head tube and longer wheelbase (compared with a flat-out race bike) makes the Avail a more comfortable ride for longer distance sportive-like rides.
- ALUXX single butted 6061 aluminium frameset built from scratch by the world's most experienced aluminium frame builders - Giant.
- The Giant-engineered Composite Fork with ALUXX Steerer delivers the shock-damping, lightweight performance you expect from a quality carbon fork.
- The PowerCore oversize bottom bracket and asymmetrical chainstays stiffen up the drive-side for a noticeable improvement in climbing / acceleration performance.
- Shimano Claris STI Dual Control 2x8 shifters control the Shimano Claris mechs to offer a wide-range of gears via the 34/50 chainset and the 11-32 cassette.
- This gearing makes a Liv Avail suitable for the type of challenging varied terrain you would typically encounter at a sportive or similar long-distance ride.
- These STI (Shimano Total Integration) gear shifters are integrated with the brake levers so you can change gear any time without having to remove your hands from the brake lever hoods
- Tektro caliper brakes borrow Shimano's Dual Pivot technology to deliver consistent, low-maintenance, modulated braking performance.
- Giant S-R2 wheel set.
- As well as building their own frames and forks, Giant extrude their own rims to build their own high quality wheels.
- Giant then equip their wheels with their own front and rear specific 700x25 tyres with Flatguard puncture protection.
- Controlling every aspect of designing, engineering and building the wheelset ensures every component works perfectly with its partner to create a more laterally stiff wheel which will take less effort to accelerate faster.
- On the same principle, the tyre fits the rim as though it was made for it - which it was.
- If you would like to make it an all-weather bike, Giant actually make mudguardsfor their Liv Avail bikes.
- Order the mudguards (and anything else) with the bike and we will waive our normal fitting charge.
As far as we know, Liv is the only women's global bicycle brand that is entirely staffed by women. Liv bicycles' designers, engineers, and managers - every employee is a woman. That's exceptional in the bike trade. The fact that Liv is a semi-autonomous part of Giant - the world's largest quality bicycle manufacturer - helps ensure every Liv bike is exceptional too in terms of the quality of spec on offer at every price point.
The right companion for any challenge on the road, Avail helps you go farther, faster.
With a lightweight ALUXX aluminium frame that’s built specifically for women riders, the Avail is a versatile performer for all types of road adventures. From short training rides to long days in the saddle, its comfortable endurance positioning and easy handling keep you in control. Features include an OverDrive steerer tube for precision steering and a PowerCore oversized bottom bracket for maximum pedalling efficiency.'
Write Your Own Review
Thanks for your question.
The XXS frame is equivalent to a 41cm, the top tube is 50cm, the reach is 36.2cm and the stack is 51.4cm. I'd recommend taking all these measurements into account when sizing and that you consult the sizing chart provided on Giant's website.
|Liv Avail 4 Women's 2016|
|Sizes||XXS, XS, S, M, L|
|Fork||Hybrid Composite, OverDrive Steerer|
|Seatpost||Giant Sport 30.9mm|
|Saddle||Liv Connect Forward|
|Pedals||Wellgo with clips and straps|
|Shifters||Shimano Claris 16 speed|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Claris|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Claris|
|Brakes||Tektro TK-R312 Giant Specific, Dual Pivot|
|Brake Levers||Shimano Claris|
|Cassette||SRAM PG850 11x32|
|Crankset||FSA Tempo 34/50|
|Bottom Bracket||FSA cartridge|
|Hubs||Giant Tracker Sport Road|
|Tyres||Giant S-R4, Front and Rear specific, 700x25mm|