Full time position
Excellent staff discount scheme
We are looking for an enthusiastic and bike-passionate person to manage our workshop and small team of mechanics in our Leeds store. Management experience is preferred, but this could be the ideal opportunity for an experienced mechanic looking to progress.
• Working with the Branch Manager and Deputy Manager to support the efficient and effective running of the workshop;
• Managing the team of mechanics and ensuring the smooth running of the workshop to achieve targets;
• Setting high standards of customer service, including complaint resolution if required;
• Running and monitoring administrative systems and processes;
• Acting as duty manager, if required.
It is essential that you:
- Have bicycle mechanic experience (ideally everything from road to bmx). A Cytech (or equivalent) qualification would help but is not essential.
- Are able to demonstrate strong leadership and communication. Management experience is preferable, but we will consider experienced mechanics looking to progress.
- Are able to organise work schedules to achieve workshop targets and deliver excellent customer service.
- Are an effective time-manager and a pragmatic problem solver.
- Are used to working to tight deadlines.
- Must place great emphasis on service quality and productivity, whilst paying attention to detail and ‘completing / finishing’.
We offer competitive rates of pay as well as a generous holiday allowance
We have an excellent staff discount scheme on bikes, parts, accessories and clothing.
We support entry into cycling competitions and events.
After a year of service you have the option to join our Co-operative and have a say in how we run our business at our AGM.
As a Co-operative we also have bonus opportunities for a share in the profits.
To apply, email your CV to email@example.com or pop into the store.