Standard Terms and Conditions
The term ‘Edinburgh Bicycle’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Edinburgh Bicycle Co-operative, 8 Alvanley Terrace, Whitehouse Loan, Edinburgh EH9 1DU Our company registration number is 1932 R(S) under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Edinburgh Bicycle Co-operative Limited complies with UK Consumer Law including Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000. This is the minimum we will do to ensure your experience with Edinburgh Bicycle is a pleasant one, these terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
Distance Selling Regulations give you the right to return any unwanted goods (with some exceptions) within fourteen days of receiving them providing they are unused and in their original packaging. We have more specific guidelines on how to return an item in our Buying Guide.
Ordering Information and Card Security
All orders placed online are held on our secure server and are encrypted by AlphaSSL.
Once your order is placed, we will email confirmation of the details of your order and keep you informed of the progress of your order by email and/or telephone.
We will not charge your card until items are ready and available for dispatch, we may choose to send goods to you in more than one package, part order the goods and unless otherwise instructed will hold any unfulfilled part of your order for up to 28 days. After this time we will email you either with an alternative (if available) or confirmation of cancellation. Only when we have charged your card have we entered into a contract with you.
We reserve the right to ask for further information regarding the cardholder’s name, address and contact details. If this information is not forthcoming, Edinburgh Bicycle may choose not to proceed with the order. We reserve this right to protect both you and other bona fide customers.
Should you need to amend or cancel an order please do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you may call us during opening times on 0345 257 0808.
Free delivery service is available on any accessory or clothing order over £20 to any UK address (including islands and Northern Ireland but excluding Channel Islands).
Free delivery service is available on any bicycle order to any UK mainland address. There is a £20 delivery charge to UK islands and Northern Ireland.
Next Day Delivery is available for a small additional charge. Next Day orders will be dispatched on the same day providing that the order is received by 12 noon on that day and the goods are available and in stock. The Next Day Delivery option is a working day service (Monday to Friday), and excludes weekends and public holidays. This service is only available for accessory/clothing orders but is not available in some remote parts of the UK including Highlands and Islands (sorry).
Saturday delivery is also available for a small additional charge. Delivery will be the next available Saturday dependant on stock availability and/or workshop space, delivery may not be the Saturday immediately after the order is placed. This service is available for both Bicycle and Accessory/Clothing orders but is not available in some remote parts of the UK including Highlands and Islands (sorry).
Other timed services are available, again these depend upon stock availability and delivery location. As with all orders we will endeavour to keep you informed of the progress of your order by email and/or telephone.
If you are unsure of the services available in your area we advise that you call us on 0345 257 0808 for clarification.
All deliveries require a signature upon receipt.
If you would rather collect your order in store we will compile your order, charge your card the 20% deposit and send it to the selected branch.
Collect in store orders are held aside for 10 days unless otherwise instructed.
The balance should be paid at the point collection using the same card that the order was placed with.
If you fail to collect or decide not to proceed with your order, the goods will be returned to the Online Department and the deposit refunded to your card.
Whilst every effort is taken to ensure our prices are correct, we reserve the right to amend or correct prices where necessary.
All advertised prices include VAT at the standard UK rate (currently 20%) unless otherwise stated.
Some items such as helmets, books and children’s clothing are currently VAT exempt. VAT does not apply to goods dispatched outside the EU nor does it apply to VAT Exempt areas such as the Channel Islands.
Liabilities and Guarantees
All goods supplied come with a minimum one-year guarantee subject to fair use, wear and tare (please see individual products for further information). Should a product fail within its guarantee period due to a manufacturing defect, please return it to us for inspection.
Compatibility of products is not guaranteed. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Goods are only supplied for intended use, Edinburgh Bicycle cannot accept responsibility for any item or product used out-with its intended use or for use in competition.
We reserve the right to make good any item returned to us for warranty, where this is not possible we may on occasion choose to offer a full refund or replace with a similar or equivalent product.
Please see this document for terms and conditions for our sale starting on 18 August 2018.
What information we do we hold about you?
- Information that you have given us: when creating an account, making a purchase instore or online, subscribing to marketing communications you provide details such as your name, email address, delivery address, shipping address and telephone number.
- Information we collect about you: when you visit our website, we may automatically collect information about you such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address which connections your device to the internet, login information, browser type, the country and telephone code when your computer is located and information about your visit including products you’ve viewed, page response times and download errors. Please note, you cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our website and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
- Information from other sources: Is this applicable?
How do we use this information?
- To fulfil and process your order e.g. authorising payment and arranging shipping of products. In some cases, it may be necessary to provide your information to external companies such as delivery firm who carries out services on our behalf. These companies are not allowed to use your data for any other purpose.
- If you have agreed to marketing communications, we may contact you with details of products and services we think you’ll be interested in. You can change your marketing communication preferences at any time through your online account, by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of every email of by contacting us at email@example.com. We never sell your information to other companies or brands.
- By tracking the behaviour of customers on our site en masse, we can identify areas where we can improve and update our website and the content on it.
What are my rights?
- Under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) you are entitled to a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of your information please write to us at the address below. Please note that there may be a charge of £10 for this service, as permitted under the Act.
- You can change your marketing communication preferences at any time through your online account, by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of every email of by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. Edinburgh Bicycle set two types of Cookies on a users system. Two are system Cookies which check your browser preferences and then keep track of your shopping cart once you have selected an item to purchase. These can be identified in your browsers as ebwCookieCheck and ACTIVE4D_SESSIONID and are essential to the function of our site. The second set of Cookies are used by Google Analytics & Ads in order to see how visitors use the site and help us make improvements. These can be identified as _utma, _utmb, _utmc and _utmz. You can opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites by visiting http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. You can opt out of interest-based ads by Google by visiting http://www.google.com/settings/ads.
We use AdWords remarketing to market our sites across the web. We place a cookie on a browser, and then a 3rd party (Google) reads these cookies and may serve an ad on a 3rd party site. You may opt out of this ad serving on Google’s opt out page. If you are concerned about 3rd party cookies served by networks, you should also visit the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
Terms and Conditions for Product Reviews, Q & As and Image Submissions
Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative Ltd encourage users of this website to post reviews, ask questions and upload images, as long as the content is not illegal, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, infringes copyright, or otherwise causes injury to third parties. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative Ltd reserves the right to remove or edit any content if deemed necessary.
Posting a review, question, image or other content –
- grants us the right to use, edit, alter, reproduce, publish and distribute the material;
- indicates to us that the content is original, does not contravene copyright legislation or our guidelines above;
- indicates that all “moral rights” that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you.
You acknowledge that you, not Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative Ltd, are responsible for the contents of your submission. None of the content that you submit shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of Edinburgh Bicycle, its agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners or third party service providers and their respective directors, officers and employees.
By submitting your email address in connection with your review or question, you agree that we may use your email address to contact you about the status of your review and other administrative purposes.
We will randomly select one winner from all reviews on a regular basis. Prize draw winners will be notified by the 15th of the following month. Prize draw winner’s names can be requested from email@example.com.
In the unlikely event that you need to complain about a product or a particular service please do so by writing to us at the address below. Please include full details of your complaint including dates and times of contact with us along with copies of any correspondence that we have sent you. If you prefer to email us this information please send this to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All complaints will be dealt with thoroughly, speedily, confidentially, objectively and sensitively.
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice.
Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
Offers & Promotions
Automated/bulk entries and entries from third parties will be disqualified.
Other terms and conditions may apply to specific offers and promotions. Please see individual offer for further details.
Due to administrative costs, bicycles on sale may not be purchased through Cyclescheme, Salary Exchange, Bike2work Scheme or P&MM/Cycleplus. Please speak to a member of staff.
Edinburgh Bicycle Co-operative
8 Alvanley Terrace
Edinburgh EH9 1DU
Edinburgh Bicycle is a workers co-operative registered under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014.
VAT No. 327323964