Where: Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative in Aberdeen, AB25 3XH
When: 30th April 2017, 10am – 2pm
How much: £25 per child (parents go free)
Our younger customers tell us that they would really like to learn more about their bikes, so we’re really happy to introduce a new child-and-parent bicycle maintenance class in our Aberdeen shop. The class will be specifically aimed at children between 12-16 years old, and will cover the following:
- How to remove and refit a wheel and tyre, so you can fix a puncture
- How to tighten the brakes
- How to stop the brake blocks rubbing when they’re off and squealing when they’re on
- How to adjust the gears so they switch properly
- The importance of cleaning your bike and generally how to look after it.
Classes are small, informal and, we trust, fun and informative. They last half a day from 10am. We lend out all the tools required (and a workstand) to make it easy to work on the bike. Children must be accompanied by an adult… Getting your hands dirty is optional.