An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Head Office for the role of part time Management Accountant. This role is being offered on a temporary part time basis to cover a period of maternity leave and is not expected to exceed a period of 12 months.
As Management Accountant you will be working within a small but business critical team. You will report to, and work closely with, the Managing Director of the business.
You’ll be based at our warehouse premises near Dalmeny/South Queensferry on the outskirts of Edinburgh (Unit 5A Royal Elizabeth Yard, EH29 9EN).
The core responsibilities associated with the role but not wholly exclusive are:
- Compiling management accounts information
- Preparing financial reports, budgets, commentaries and financial statements
- Controlling and forecasting income and expenditure
- Managing financial systems
- Providing support for payroll and company share scheme
- Preparing audit file and liaising with the auditor
- Assisting the Managing Director to deliver an effective one year plan
Terms and conditions
The post commands a competitive salary based upon experience. The Management Accountant will be expected to work a 22.5-hour week. Our preferred work pattern for this role is Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9.30am – 6pm though we do offer some flexibility within this. The standard working day is 8.5 hours with an unpaid lunch break of 1 hour.
A staff discount scheme entitles employees to purchase many products at a discount. There are at present additional staff benefits available in relation to areas such as maternity and paternity pay.
Experience and Knowledge
Demonstrable experience of producing and presenting monthly or quarterly management accounts is essential. You must have good business understanding, be self-starting and willing to take on responsibility.
A full professional qualification is not essential where there is a high level of experience.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a satisfactory Standard Disclosure, which Edinburgh Bicycle will arrange.
Skills and Competencies
You must be able to demonstrate the following key skills and competencies:
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Accuracy and an excellent eye for detail.
- Analytical and logical problem solving skills.
- Ability to explain and interpret complex financial information in a clear way.
- Comfortable working to tight monthly deadlines.
- Honesty and discretion.
To apply, please submit your cover letter detailing the reasons why you believe we should consider you for this role, along with your CV. Please include your current salary level and notice period (if applicable).
Both documents should be sent to: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 5th June 2019 and we expect to hold interviews shortly after this date.
Unfortunately we may not be able to respond to all applications so if you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.