You like the idea of cycling but lack the confidence to take to the road on two wheels (or you know someone like that).
We might be able to help. We are running Essential Cycling Skills Classes from our Bruntsfield shop at a special price of only £20 for 1.5 hours hands-on tuition.
- 9am – 10.30am, Sunday 26 October
While our course has the serious aim of helping you feel comfortable about riding in traffic, we make every effort to make our classes engaging, enjoyable and fun.
Each two-hour class will include:
- A free bike safety check.
- Advice on bike setup, optimal saddle height and so on.
- Hands-on skills training – here you will be guided through basic cycle manoeuvres, such as looking behind you and signaling, along with advice on road positioning by our two Cycling Scotland-accredited instructors.
- We’ll round off the course with a guided tour of our Bruntsfield shop.
To ensure you get the most from one of our courses we limit the numbers to a maximum of six ‘student cyclists’ per class.
How to book?
To book a place, call us on 0131 331 5010 or 0845 257 0808 or pop into either of our Edinburgh shops without delay.
Our only stipulation is that you bring along a bike in good working condition and that you wear a helmet when you attend the course.
Did you know?
Did you know that the number one reason adults give for not cycling in the UK is because they perceive it to be too dangerous? Even when it has been estimated that the benefits of regular exercise on a bike exceed the risks by a factor of 77 (British Medical Journal).
Learning essential cycling skills can be the first step towards making someone a happier, safer and more self-confident cyclist.