Electric bike servicing: We’ve got our best people on it
Because your e-bike is so effortless to ride it’s easy to forget that it’s still a bicycle that will require regular servicing to ensure it works to its full potential.
Actually, in terms of servicing, an e-bike has a number of special needs, which our mechanics are trained and equipped to address.
For instance, the motor unit might be concealed from view but you can be sure that crud will get in there as only UK muck can do. To combat this, we’ll remove the motor (where feasible) and thoroughly clean it as a standard part of our e-bike service.
Most reassuring of all, our workshops are equipped with the training and tech required to run diagnostics on the major e-bike systems (STEPS, Bosch, Yamaha, Brose and Impulse) so we can upgrade yours with the latest updates and ensure that the electronics are working as they should.
This diagnostics service on its own would be a good enough reason to consider treating your electric bike to a service every 9-12 months.
However, our e-bike service goes far beyond diagnostics as itemised here. It includes:
- Remove motor, check connections & seals, clean housing (not possible on all models but for most / all bottom bracket driven bikes)
- Check & update firmware (not possible on all models but for most)
- Run diagnostics (not possible on all models but for most)
- Check and adjust brakes and gears
- Check and inflate tyres
- Check and externally adjust hubs, headset and bottom bracket
- Replace brake blocks/pads (if required)
- Lubricate cables (replace if required)
- Lubricate chain and derailleurs
- Check/tighten all nuts and bolts
- Test ride
- 6 month guarantee on all work carried out
Labour charge: £75.