Two-day test rides now available on 2017 e-bikes, road bikes and folding bikes – over 17 models
- Electric mountain bikes
- Road bikes
- Electric Commuter/hybrid bikes
- Electric Commuter/trekking bikes
- Brompton folding bikes
Arranging a short test ride
- If you only have the time or inclination for a short ride of say, 15 minutes, just pop in. No booking required.
- Simply bring along two forms of id (bank statement or utility bill + passport or driving licence) and leave us your bank card while you go out for the ride. (We reserve the right to withdraw this service when the weather is foul.)
Arranging a two-day test ride
- Advance booking is required
- Pop into your local Bike Co-op branch or phone us on 0345 257 0808 or 0131 331 5010
- We’ll then arrange to have the demo bike of your choice checked over and ready to go from your local Bike Co-op shop on a mutually convenient date.
What you need to bring for two-day test rides
- Proof of ID #1 – you will need to bring your passport or driving licence along to the shop
- Proof of ID #2 – we’ll also need to view a bank statement or utility bill as proof of your current address
- We will take a security deposit of £1,000, which will be refunded in full when the bike is returned to us in the same condition you received it
- We charge £100 for a 2-day hire (from 10:00 on day one till 17:30 on day two)
- When you return the bike in good condition, we will reward you with a £100 gift voucher. (This makes our two-day e-bike hire effectively free. Can’t say fairer than that.)
1. Electric Mountain Bikes
Imagine a mountain bike that gets you up hills with ease and descends like an enduro bike. That, in a nutshell, describes the huge grin-inducing Specialized Turbo Levo, and we have four models available for you to take out for extended rides over your local hills or trail centres.
Specialized Turbo Levo HT Comp 6 Fattie e-mountain bike: sizes medium and large
Specialized Turbo Levo FSR Comp 6 Fattie e-mountain bike: sizes medium and large
Specialized Turbo Levo FSR Expert 6 Fattie e-mountain bike: size medium
Demo Electric Bikes – women’s
The women’s Specialized Turbo has the same hill-taming muscle as the men’s models, while Whyte’s e-commuter bikes have been deservedly our best selling electric bikes, ever.
Specialized Turbo Levo Women’s HT Comp 6 Fattie e-mountain bike: size small
An E-MTB doesn’t just take you much faster uphill. It’s a great leveller that will make it easier for the weaker riders in your bunch to keep up. It will boost you up 30% gradients you would have previously considered unrideable. It will enable you to ride two to three times farther. What’s not to like?
With bicycle shops on the continent reporting that half the mountain bikes they now sell are electric, e-MTBs are fast becoming as mainstream as 27.5” tyres.
If you want to find out if an e-MTB will electrify your off-road riding experience, book a midweek two-day test ride or a dirty weekend on a Turbo Levo. Phone 0131 331 5010.
2. Road bikes
Giant Defy Advanced Pro 1 endurance/sportive road bike with hydraulic disc brakes: sizes medium and medium/large. Read the Guardian Review here.
Giant TCR Advanced Pro 1: classic road bike with dual pivot rim brakes: medium and medium/large
Giant Propel Advanced Pro 2 aero road bike: sizes medium and medium/large
If you prefer to go very fast the old way (without power assistance) nothing beats a road bike.
Thanks to their unique economies of scale, Giant bikes are always among the best buy in every category.
For 2017 Giant’s Advanced Pro models have exceeded expectations even further, with every model coming equipped with around £1,000-worth of system built wheels shod with extra puncture resistant, smoother rolling tubeless tyres to make the most of the bikes’ pro-quality Advanced full carbon frame and fork.
If you want to discover the difference these wheel upgrades can make for you, we’re offering demo rides on three distinct styles of Giant Advanced Pro road bike.
3. Commuter/Hybrid Bikes
Combining Whyte’s genius for creating the most classy commuting bikes with Shimano STEPS electric bike technology, it’s easy to understand why these Whytes have been our most popular e-bikes ever.
WHYTE CLIFTON SIZE LARGE
WHYTE CONISTON SIZE MEDIUM
WHYTE HIGHGATE WOMEN’S SIZE SMALL
WHYTE CONISTON WOMEN’S SIZE MEDIUM
Why commuter e-bike?
You like the idea of cycle commuting but you find it’s too much of a sweat. That first hill of the morning seems too daunting. You’ve relocated and your daily commute has doubled to over 10 miles each way.
Why not try out a Whyte e-bike for a couple of days? You might discover that it has the power to have you looking forward to your daily commute as much as our Simon does.
Phone 0131 331 5010 to book you test ride.
4. Electric Commuter/Trekking Bikes
If you’re looking for a fully equipped all-rounder electric bike that’s as capable on a rough Sustrans track as it is on tarmac you should check out Kalkhoff electric trekking bikes.
Being from Germany, where bikes are made practical for everyday use, every Kalkhoff e-bike in our range comes fitted with full mudguards, pannier rack, kickstand, battery-free dynohub lighting, super-puncture resistant tyres and hydraulic disc brakes.
Find out for yourself how much fun and freedom you can get riding a cool Kalkhoff by phoning 0131 331 5010 and booking a test ride on one of these five e-bikes.
KALKHOFF AGATTU I7 2017 STEP-THROUGH size small
KALKHOFF PRO CONNECT I9 STEP THROUGH size medium
KALKHOFF PRO CONNECT I9 MEN’S size medium
KALKHOFF INTEGRALE I8 MEN’S size medium
KALKHOFF DEMO PRO CONNECT PREMIUM I8 WOMEN’S size medium
5. Brompton Folding Bikes
Last but not least, if you’ve ever wondered why Brompton owners go starry eyed when talking about their folding bikes, we almost always have one available for test rides, long or short, from our three branches that stock Brompton Bikes: Leeds, Aberdeen and Canonmills, Edinburgh.
Contact us to book a demo bike
Shop all Road Bikes
Shop all Electric Bikes