Back to Cycle to Work for Employers >>
Back to Cycle to Work main page >>
A BIT ABOUT US
- Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op (established 1977) is one of the biggest independent bicycle retailers in Northern Britain.
- Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op serves Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Newcastle and Leeds, with some of the largest bike shops in each of these cities.
- edinburghbicycle.com (established 1996) serves the rest of the world with an inventory of more than 3,000 bicycle, accessory and clothing lines.
- Running large well-stocked shops enables us to offer a wide range of cycle equipment options for every rider from absolute beginner to enthusiast.
- In our experience, the best way to encourage people to Bike to Work is to supply the most appropriate bicycle in the correct size. (A £400 bike that fits is going to be safer and more pleasurable to ride than a £1,000 bicycle that’s too big or too small).
- Offering a world-class range of bicycles backed with expert advice is our best guarantee that every customer leaves the shop with the best bike for his or her requirements.
- We are proud to be a workers’ co-operative – more on this.
Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op has set up Cycle to Work Schemes in partnership with hundreds of organisations since 2004. Regardless of the number of employees – 3 or 3,000 – Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op can tailor a Cycle to Work Scheme to your needs.
We have years of experience complying with the requirements of HM Treasury. We can supply all the legal & admin documentation you will require. In other words, Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op is skilled at helping workplaces cut through the red tape involved in setting up a Bike to Work Scheme.
FLEXIBILITY & CHOICE
You choose your staff’s repayment period. Your staff get to choose from a massive range of bikes and equipment.
Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op can offer a complete marketing and support package to inform your staff of the benefits of the Bike to Work Scheme.
200 BIKE MODELS TO CHOOSE FROM
Your employee will be able to select from up to 200 models of bike from any Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op store. Whether they’re looking for a dedicated commuter/leisure bike, or they would prefer a mountain bike or a folding bike or an electric bike or a full-on competition road bike, we are confident that you won’t find a better selection of appropriate bikes to cycle to work on.
YOUR STAFF CAN EVEN SELECT BIKES ON SPECIAL OFFER
Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op does not put any limitations on which bikes qualify for the scheme (beyond the monetary limit set by you, the employer – usually £1,000). For instance, if the employee chooses a bike that’s on special offer, he or she will still get the full discount.
SIMPLE TO JOIN, SIMPLE TO OPERATE
Our sales staff have years of experience advising new and returnee cyclists on the most appropriate bike for their commute. All our sales staff are trained to ensure every Bike to Work application is completed correctly. We can therefore guarantee that every order will be processed smoothly.
WE CAN SUPPLY THE BICYCLE VERY QUICKLY
Typically, the employee will be able to collect their bike from Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op within 10 days of choosing it. (Compare with some cycle to work schemes where it’s not unusual to be kept waiting for over a month.)
EDINBURGH BICYCLE IS A WORKERS’ CO-OPERATIVE
Every time-served employee is an equal owner of Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op. It’s therefore in our DNA to treat every customer as an equal, with professionalism and respect. We trust that this co-operative culture helps make our shops more approachable – especially for new or returnee cyclists.
EDINBURGH BICYCLE CO-OP DONATES 10% OF ITS PROFIT TO SUPPORT CYCLING
Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op believe in giving something back to the people who sustain us – our customers. To this end, we sponsor cycling events and cycling groups in every region of the country with an Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op shop. We commit thousands of pounds and hundreds of staff hours every year in support of local cycling events and initiatives.
You will always get a swift reply when you contact Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op on Bike to Work business.
Bike to Work Scheme Manager: 0131 319 2400 ext 772
General Enquiries: 0131 331 5010 or 0345 257 0808
Or email: email@example.com