Giro Cinder Mips Helmet
The Cinder offers a similar level of light weight, cooling and MIPS protection at around half the price. of Giro's pro-racing Synthe helmet
Why you should consider a helmet with MIPS: the blog.
'The Cinder MIPS provides all the features an avid road rider wants in a lightweight package. The design is inspired by the classic aesthetic of our premium Synthe helmet, offering similar performance and style. Key features include the Roc Loc 5 fit system, which allows you to easily dial-in both fit tension and adjust vertical position with a single hand. Air-FX padding offers comfort on your longest rides, and the helmet is equipped with MIPS to redirect impact energy, providing more protection in certain impacts.
At a glance
- Compact shape
- Air-Fix padding
- Ponytail compatible
- MIPS equipped
In-mould polycarbonate shell with EPS liner
- Thermoformed SL Roll Cage reinforcement
- 26 Wind Tunnel vents with internal channeling
- Roc Loc 5 Fit System
'Roc Loc 5
After more than two-years of development, Giro introduces Roc Loc 5. This groundbreaking fit system provides an entirely unique user experience with an unmatched level of comfort, stability, adjustability and weight savings. With Roc Loc 5, you can easily dial-in both fit tension and adjust vertical position with a single hand. Just twist the dial for a tighter feel on rough terrain, then back it off a notch and relax across the flats or a warm climb. Even with these remarkable features, Roc Loc 5 is still nearly 40-percent lighter than its popular predecessor, Roc Loc 4.
- Micro Dial: The heart of Roc Loc 5 is this ratcheting, micro-adjusting dial.
- A simple, two-finger twist of the Micro Dial opens or closes the retention system and each click is audible.
- Three-Position Bracket: It's never been easier to change vertical positions and fine-tune fit. We incorporated a three-position bracket that features 15-millimeters of up/down movement. Like the Micro Dial, this system can be adjusted without removing the helmet.
- Carefully-crafted ergonomic arms are shaped to be as comfortable as possible.
- Dual Pods: These two panels are designed to firmly grasp the back of your head while comfortably cradling the occipital lobe.
- Strap Baskets: With Roc Loc 5, your helmet straps are always right where you need them. Not to mention this strap basket brings a new level of comfort.'