Giro Carbide R MTB Shoe
The Carbide is Giro's core mountain bike shoe, now upgraded with a more grippy rubber/composite sole.
In other words, it's a pure riding shoe which (unlike a road shoe) still allows you to walk in terrain where you mix biking with hiking.
- The 3 velcro straps make for secure, fast-fitting micro-adjustability.
- The EVA footbed offers a medium level of arch support, perfect for the majority of riders.
- The footbed's Aegis Microbe Shield inhibits odour-causing microbes, so your shoes stay fresh and odor-free.
- Co-moulded nylon and rubber high-traction lugged outsole with mid-foot scuff guard.
- Compatible with any Shimano SPD-style 2-bolt pedal cleat(not supplied - cleats come supplied with the pedals not the shoes).
- The sole will accommodate steel toe spikes.
- Manufacturer's published weight: 315 grams per size 42 shoe.
'OUR CORE MTB SHOE REIMAGINED WITH RUBBER
The Carbide™R is a baseline XC shoe with the comfortable, supportive fit found in our premium shoes, combined with a nylon and rubber co-molded outsole. This results in impressive durability and improved grip and traction in rocks and mud. The upper is made of supple synthetic leather with three wide straps that allow easy fit adjustments while a supportive EVA footbed with Aegis® anti-microbial treatment enhances comfort. A stout injected nylon sole helps transfer power to the pedals instantly, enhancing your connection to the bike.'