Giro Atmos II Helmet
The Giro helmet that pioneered their Roll Cage technology, the Atmos remains a classic road helmet that combines exceptional ventilation with purposeful sculpted style.
- The helmet's inmould construction fuses a polycarbonate microshell to the helmet's EPS shell and helps create a lightweight, durable helmet that meets impact standards.
- The Giro Atmos Helmet's Thermoformed SL Roll Cage (the ‘skeleton’ beneath the helmet’s ‘ribs') bestows the integrity required to make such an airy helmet strong and safe.
- 26 Wind Tunnel design vents and internal cross-rib-channelling draw air through the helmet for excellent cooling whilst riding.
- Weight 257g - based upon weighing one large size Bell Super 2.0 Helmet at Bike Co-op HQ in March 2015.
- Be aware that cycling equipment specifications can change without notice so please regard our published weights as an honest but approximate guide.
- Sizes: S (51-55cm), M (55-59cm), L (59-63cm).
- Giro's RocLoc 5 retention system allows both lateral and vertical adjustment and ensures the Atmos fits like a glove.
This is how Giro describe their amazing RocLoc 5 retention system.
'After more than two-years of development, Giro introduces Roc Loc 5. This groundbreaking fit system provides an entirely unique user experience with an unmatched level of comfort, stability, adjustability and weight savings. With Roc Loc 5, you can easily dial-in both fit tension and adjust vertical position with a single hand. Just twist the dial for a tighter feel on rough terrain, then back it off a notch and relax across the flats or a warm climb. Even with these remarkable features, Roc Loc 5 is still nearly 40-percent lighter than its popular predecessor, Roc Loc 4.
- Micro Dial: The heart of Roc Loc 5 is this ratcheting, micro-adjusting dial. A simple, two-finger twist of the Micro Dial opens or closes the retention system and each click is audible.
- Three-Position Bracket: It’s never been easier to change vertical positions and fine-tune fit. We incorporated a three-position bracket that features 15-millimeters of up/down movement. Like the Micro Dial, this system can be adjusted without removing the helmet. Carefully-crafted ergonomic arms are shaped to be as comfortable as possible.
- Dual Pods: These two panels are designed to firmly grasp the back of your head while comfortably cradling the occipital lobe.
- Strap Baskets: With Roc Loc 5, your helmet straps are always right where you need them. Not to mention this strap basket brings a new level of comfort.'
This is how Giro describe their Atmos Helmet
Legendary performance, style and comfort. The Atmos™II utilizes our Thermoformed SL Roll Cage reinforcement, a breakthrough in helmet architecture that allows greater ventilation without compromising a helmet's integrity. The compact shape offers matchless style, and features the sure feel of a Roc Loc ® 5 system that cradles your head comfortably and securely. It's no wonder this helmet continues to be a favorite with road, XC and cyclocross riders worldwide.'