Giro Apeckx II Road Shoe
The Apeckx is built on the same last (the foot-shaped mould a shoe's upper is built around) as Giro's 3-figure shoes to deliver the comfortable fit that helps make Giro our fastest-growing cycling shoe brand.
- The DuPont Zytel nylon sole brings close-to carbon performance to lower price road bike shoes.
- The top strap's micro-ratcheting, low-profile N-1 buckle (which is replaceable in the unlikely event you ever break it) and the two lower velcro straps deliver a secure, lace-free, fine-tunable fit.
- High-quality, breathable, welded and bonded synthetic leather upper.
- The EVA footbed offers a medium level of arch support, perfect for the majority of riders.
- The footbed's Aegis Microbe Shield inhibits odour-creating microbes to help keep your shoes fresh and whiff-free.
- Compatible with any Lookor SPD-SL-style 3-bolt pedal cleat (not supplied - cleats come supplied with the pedals not the shoes).
- Manufacturer's published weight per shoe: 275 grams per size 42.5 shoe.
'Timeless style with elevated performance
The Apeckx II combines a supple bonded and welded mesh upper with an impressively stiff DuPont Zytel sole. The welded and bonded upper results in fewer seams for reduced hot spots and improved comfort.
A supportive, anti-microbial EVA footbed optimizes comfort while reducing odour. Plus, the Apeckx II is built on the same last as our highest-performance shoes, so you get the same amazing fit that has made Giro the fastest-growing brand of cycling shoes.'
Giro Shoe Philosophy
'After years spent riding in shoes that felt more like an Erector set than the supple shoes of old, Giro designers create a line of cycling
shoes that stand out for their simplicity and adaptability. Word spreads that the fit is superb, and the performance is great in spite
of the lack of plastic reinforcement and knickknacks. Happy feet prevail.'