Garmin Edge 20
Weighing less than an ounce (25g) the Garmin Edge 20 is the world's smallest and lightest GPS-enabled cycling computer.
GPS-enabled means farewell to magnets, wheel sensors and setting up time: hello to a cycle computer you can easily switch between different bikes.
- Functions: speed, average speed, distance travelled, elevation gained, calories consumed and 24 hour clock.
- GPS accuracy - the Edge 20 uses both GPS + GLONASS satellites to track your distance and speed even under dense tree cover.
- Harnessing multiple satellite networks helps ensure better reception.
- Connectivity - the supplied USB cable gives you access to Garmin Connect on your home computer or laptop.
- The Garmin Connect 'Courses' feature lets you discover new rides and offers the option of virtually competing with other Connect users.
- Garmin Connect also allows you to map your own routes for uploading onto the Edge 20.
- Although, the Edge 20 won't map the route sat nav-style like a Garmin 810, it will display arrow prompts on the ride to alert you when to turn.
- Garmin Connect allows you to review your ride on a map, analyse it and share it.
- Only 4x4cm the Garmin Edge 20 takes up minimal bar space.
- IPX7 water rated - the Garmin Edge 20 will keep on working if you're caught in heavy rain.
- USB rechargeable Li-ion battery.
- 10 hours run time.
- Unlike a phone, you can use the Edge 20 for up to 10 hours without worrying about data or battery drainage.
- The computer weighs 25g. Its simple, secure quarter-turn mounting bracket and band (another winning, versatile Garmin feature) adds a further scant 4 grams to the overall weight (checked at Bike Co-op HQ, July 2015).