Like the Edinburgh Contours, the Courier is built on an aluminium ATB frame but here, the emphasis is on stripped-down simplicity. Think, 'stealth city bike' as opposed to 'comfort ATB'.
- 26 x 1.5” semi-slick street tyres.
- 8-speed gearing with one single chainring and one single gear shifter - lighter and simpler than dual-shifter triple chainring systems, yet enough gears to cope with a hilly city.
- A chainguard helps keep trousers clean and a chain keeper help keep the chain in place.
- 'A street-style mountain bike that won't break the bank. Thanks to its slick tyres and an all-up weight that's pounds lighter than other bikes, the Courier is an efficient commuter.'
- Quote from bycycle magazine - Oct / Nov 2000. In fact the reviewer liked the bike so much, he bought one for himself.
Write Your Own Review
Double butted Chromoly with mudguard eyelets.
Rigida alloy rims.
|Shimano Acera hubs (QR).|
|Tyres:||CB529 26 x 1.5”.|
8-speed Shimano Rapidfire shifter.
|Shimano Alivio rear gear.|
|Sugino chainset with single 42t chainring.|
Shimano 11-30 cassette.
|Pedals:||Tioga MTB - take toeclips.|
Radius machined V-brakes with Allen key-fit brake blocks.
Alloy flat bars. Velo 097 Kraton grips.
|Front loader alloy Aheadstem.|
|Seatpin:||Alloy micro-adjust seatpin. Allen key binder bolt.|
|Weight:||27 lbs / 12.3 kg.|
18, 20, 22”.