Our best selling bicycle. With its aluminium frame and Shimano EZ Fire-equipment, no other sub-£200 bike comes close to the legendary quality of the Edinburgh Contour 300.
Upgrades from Edinburgh Contour 200:
- All up weight: 28lbs/12.5kg. That's around 3lbs lighter than the Contour 200 - a difference you'll notice every uphill.
- 7005 aluminium frame - suspension corrected should you ever want to fit RockShox in future.
- Oversized aluminium frame - lighter and stiffer than steel. Less frame flex means less energy required to ride uphill.
- Chromoly fork - practical for a city bike - eyeletted (unlike most suspension forks) to take full length mudguards.
- Shimano EZ Fire push-button shifters and Alivio rear gear - equipment you're more likely to find on a £300 bike.
- Better wheels built with Rigida double-wall rims. Quick release front & rear hubs - convenience.
- Riser bars - wider, higher and more swept-back than straight handlebars. Riser bars offer more leverage and position you slightly higher, making them more comfortable for most riders.
- Real Shimano brake levers.
- Aluminium Aheadstem - simpler and lighter weight than conventional quill stem. Front loader design makes the stem much easier to swap in future should you ever want higher or lower bars.
- Beautiful integrated looks - check how the bars and seatpin match the tasty charcoal frame.
Write Your Own Review
|Alloy QR hubs|
|26 x 1.9” centre-ridge tyres|
21-speed Shimano EZ Fire shifters
Shimano Alivio rear gear. Shimano Tourney front gear
Alloy cranks 28/38/48
|Shimano 14-28 freewheel|
Tioga pedals - toeclip compatible
Vuelta Duralite alloy V-brakes. Shimano Acera levers
Aluminium riser bars. Front-loader alloy Aheadstem
Alloy micro-adjust seatpin. Allen key binder bolt
18, 20, 22”