With the Contour 200, we graduate to a bike that's built lighter weight and tougher, to cope better with the rigours of off-road use.
Upgrades from the Edinburgh Contour 100:
- Chromoly steel tubes in both frame and fork add strength and subtract weight, making for a bike that's more manoeuvrable, and easier to ride uphill.
- Chromoly fork with 1 1/8” steerer - lighter and more resistant to front-end impacts than a steel fork with a 1” steerer.
- 21-speed Gripshift-controlled Shimano gears - smooth, clean gear shifting.
- 7-cogs at the back offer smoother gear shifting than 5 - less of a jump between gears.
- Quick release front wheel makes it easier to remove wheel - say to 'make the bike smaller' to put in the back of a car.
- Better quality V-brakes with Allen key-fitting brake blocks (they're nutted on Contour 100).
- Gel saddle - comfort.
- Aheadstem - simpler and lighter weight than conventional quill stem.
- Micro-adjust alloy seatpost - lighter, taller, and enables more fine adjustment than a plain steel seatpin.
Write Your Own Review
Steel Mountain frame with CrMo seat tube
Alloy rims & hubs, solid spindle rear, quick release (QR) front
|26 x 1.9” centre-ridge tyres|
Shimano Tourney gears
|Alloy cranks 28/38/48|
Tioga pedals - toeclip compatible
Vuelta Duralite alloy V-brakes
Satin-finish handlebars & Aheadstem
Alloy micro-adjust seatpin. Allen key binder bolt
16, 18, 20, 22”