Contour, Cadence, Cuillin, Country, Chorus, Curve, Cascade, Continental, Corniche, City, Course, Connection: there's an Edinburgh Bike Co-op tradition of naming every model, a word beginning with 'C'. When we devised a new women's bike made for coasting around, there was only one logical choice.
The Edinburgh Coast 1 stands out as the least expensive aluminium-framed bike we've ever offered. Remember when aluminium bikes started at around £500? Thanks to the benefits of mass production, a frame built in this lighter weight, never-rusting metal has become more accessibly priced, with the happy result that you get to enjoy a bike that's easier to ride uphill.
- 7005-Series aluminium frame - lighter weight and more efficiently flex free than a steel open frame.
- Semi-slick Stone Trax tyres - a good compromise between dirt-road traction and on-road speed.
- Riser bars on adjustable-rise Aheadstem offers a more upright riding position than flat ATB bars.
- 21-speed Gripshift-controlled Shimano indexed derailleurs for a wide range of clean-shifting gears.
- Extra comfy contact points - elastomer sprung gel saddle, sneaker-friendly pedals, gel grips.
Write Your Own Review
7005-Series Aluminium women's-specific.
Butted Chromoly steel - full mudguard compatible.
|Alloy hubs (QR front, nutted rear).|
|Tyres:||Stone Trax 26 x 1.9”.|
|Shimano Tourney gears.|
|Shimano alloy chainset. 28/38/48.|
Shimano 14-28 freewheel.
Vuelta alloy V-brakes.
Riser bars. Satin-finish - less likely to get scuffed than painted bars. Serfas gel grips.
|Adjustable rise aluminium Aheadstem. Custom Spacer positions stem higher to begin with.|
|Saddle:||Fifth Avenue women's saddle with elastomer springs..|
|Seatpin:||Alloy micro-adjust seatpin. Allen key binder bolt.|
|Weight:||28lbs / 12.8kg.|