The frame has a shorter top tube and a taller head tube. (Compare with the Edinburgh Contour and Cuillin models which share the same MTB frame.) If you're young and supple, and like to stretch out into an aerodynamic tuck on the bike, you won't be interested in an Edinburgh Cave. But if you've ridden a modern bike with the saddle higher than the bars, and felt less than comfortable, the Cave offers a solution. Sitting more upright instantly relieves pressure from the saddle and pressure on the wrists and back. Sitting upright means you don't have to look up to take in the view. Riding the Edinburgh Cave should therefore never be a pain in the neck.
- The frame is lightweight aluminium.
- The reliable coil-sprung SunTour suspension fork absorbs the bumps up front.
- This is one of the few suspension forks that takes full-length mudguards.
- The Lookin Venturer saddle on the suspension seatpin cushions bumps at the back.
- Shimano Megarange gears flatten hills.
- The semi-slick tyres are much faster rolling than knobblies while retaining good grip.
- The riser bars are mounted onto an adjustable-rise Aheadstem. This makes it easier to 'dial in' the most comfortable handlebar position.
- For all its old world comfort, one look at the silver aluminium-rich component spec will inform you that the Cove is no clunker.
Write Your Own Review
Comfort-geometry aluminium frame.
SR SunTour CR-880 suspension. Alloy lower legs.
Double-wall alloy silver rims.
|Quando quick release (QR) alloy hubs.|
|Stainless steel spokes.|
|Tyres:||Camel CB 588 26x1.9 tyres.|
21-speed Shimano EZ Fire shifters.
Shimano Acera silver gears.
SunTour XC300 compact chainset 22/32/42 w/chainguard.
|Shimano 14-34 MegaRange freewheel.|
|Platform pedals with rubber grippers.|
Tektro silver V-brakes with Allen key-fit brake blocks.
Hi-polish silver riser bars.
|Adjustable-rise aheadstem w/spacers.|
|Saddle:||Lookin Venturer mens. Alloy suspension seatpost.|
|Weight:||30.5lb / 14kg.|
17, 19, 21