The 14.5 frame makes the Cairn the best-fitting Edinburgh mountain bike for smaller riders ever. Black and beautiful, its jump-style aluminium frame is built to take youthful punishment and be tough enough to come back as unscathed as Ali was in Zaire.
- Aluminium dirt-style frame built extra tough.
- The 1.9" semi-slick tyres are not knobblies but they do have a wide footprint for cushioned control and a wee bit tread for grip. (If you remember the Specialized Dirt Baldies of a few years back, you'll get the picture.)
- Shimano EZ Fire 21-speed gear shifting.
- Reliable SunTour suspension.
- Good quality V-brakes with, for instance, Allen key brake blocks rather than the nutted type.
Write Your Own Review
Aluminium dirt/trial-style frame.
Suntour SFM 5000 suspension.
Deep-section double-wall machined alloy rims.
|Quando alloy QR hubs.|
|Stainless steel spokes.|
|Tyres:||Camel ATB 26x1.9.|
Shimano EZ Fire 21-speed shifters.
Shimano Acera gears.
SunTour 100 PBG chainset.
Black alloy Allen-key V-Brakes.
|Saddle:||Velo VL7015 dual fabric gel. Alloy micro-adjust seatpin.|