Dawes offer further proof that building a touring bike with 26" wheels makes total sense.
- Air-hardening Reynolds 631 cold-drawn steel frame. Air hardening means that instead of being weakened by the extreme heat of welding 631 tubes actually gain strength when heated.
- Compact frame geometry for extra strength, extra flex-resistance and extra stepover height - not bad characteristics in a load-carrying touring frame.
- Schwalbe 26x1.5" Marathon - fast becoming a staff favourite - grippy in the wet, fast rolling and very puncture resistant.
- Real Shimano V-brakes with V-brake-compatible Dia Compe levers. (Most drop bar levers don't pull sufficient cable for acceptable V-brake performance. Dia Compe BL-287 levers do.)
- Mavic rims, DT spokes and Shimano hubs - the proven wheel combo.
- The Shimano hubs, and the frame, are disc compatible should you ever wish to consider upgrading the brakes.
- Shimano Dura-Ace bar-end shifters - generally reckoned to be the most robust gear changers.
- Selle San Marco Rolls saddle - a timeless classic.
Write Your Own Review
Reynolds 631 TIG-welded touring frame for 26 wheels.
Mavic X139 double wall 36-hole rims.
|Shimano Alivio QR hubs.|
|DT stainless steel spokes.|
|Tyres:||Schwalbe 26x1.5" Marathon.|
Shimano Dura-Ace bar-end 27-speed shifters.
Shimano LX rear / Deore front gears.
TruVativ chainset 26/36/48t.
|Shimano Deore 11-32 cassette.|
|Aluminium-caged pedals with toeclips & straps.|
Shimano V-brakes with Dia Compe BL-287 levers for V-brakes.
ITM Europa ergo drops.
|Forged aluminium stem.|
|Rack:||Dawes 4-point alloy rear rack / low rider front.|
|Mudguards:||SKS plastic 3/4-length mudguards with stainless steel stays.|
|Saddle:||Selle San Marco Rolls leather top on micro adjust seatpin.|
43, 46, 49, 52cm. (Equivalent to 49, 53, 57, 59cm.)