The Commençal Meta 5.3 is a detuned version of (probably) this year's most celebrated dual suspension MTB, the Commençal Meta 5.2.
First the essentials. The Commençal Meta 5.3 has the same proven 5" travel frame as the 5.2. But Commençal save a few bob by specing the still highly respectable Fox Float R shock (not RP3) and the Fox Float 130R fork without lockout.
Similarly, you get Hayes disc brakes rather than Formula; SRAM X7 shifters rather than X9; TruVativ cranks rather than Race Face; Sun rims rather than Mavic, and Commençal stem and seatpost rather than Race Face.
But you save £200 and still get to enjoy, essentially, this year's dual suspension sensation.
Commençal Common Ground
- Commençal bikes are based in Andorra in the Pyrenees.
- Commençal are the bicycles of choice of some of the best riders in the world: Cedric Gracia and Anne Caroline Chausson to name two.
- Commençal employs a system called Perfect Size Nuts Tubing in super-strong, thin-wall aluminium.
- Smaller sized Commençals have smaller diameter frame tubes to further minimise weight.
- Commençal Meta dual suspension bikes work on a proven reliable single pivot that rotates on 2 massive bearings at the down tube/seat tube junction. This very neat system takes up little room and doesn't robs the bike of either standover height or seatpin height adjustment.
Write Your Own Review
|Bike:||Commençal Meta 5.3.|
Commençal Meta 5"/130mm-travel Nuts aluminium.
|Rear Shock.||Fox Float R.|
Sun SOS 32 hole rims
Commençal disc sealed bearing hubs.
Maxxis High Roller 26 x 2.1".
SRAM Trigger X7 3x9-speed shifters.
|SRAM X9 rear / Shimano LX front gears.|
|TruVativ Firex SX Giga X-pipe 22/32/44 chainset.|
Hayes HFX9 hydraulic discs.
Commençal medium 6061 double butted 660mm aluminium bars on Commençal forged stem.
|Saddle:||SDG Bel Air on Commençal 2014 seatpost.|
|Approx Weight:||29.5lb / 13.5kg|