This upgraded women's version of the R400 has a womens (shorter top tube) CAAD4 frame, a more compliant carbon fork (Dales female staff reported that an alloy fork was too jarring) and a triple chainset (only men are daft enough to climb in too high a gear).
- The smaller sized models (40, 44, 47cm) come with 650, not 700c, wheels. This makes sense because there's less room for big wheels in a smaller frame.
- CAAD4 butted aluminium frame with PowerPyramid down tube and narrow vertically-compliant Hourglass chainstays.
- The PowerPyramid down tube's flex resistance makes it less effort to accelerate and climb.
- The Hourglass chainstays are vertically-compliant and comfortable.
- Carbon fibre fork - shock absorption without the weight of suspension.
- Shimano Sora/Tiagra 24-speed gearing - wide range but higher geared (faster) than a hybrid or racing bike.
- Dual Control shifters - change gear without taking your hands of the brake hoods, hence no loss of control or momentum.
Write Your Own Review
CAAD4 Road Feminine.
Slice Ultra carbon fibre.
Mavic CXP 22, 32 hole rims.
|Shimano 2200 hubs.|
|DT Champion stainless steel spokes.|
|Tyres:||Continental Ultra 3000, 700/650 x 23c.|
Shimano Sora 24-speed Dual Control shifters.
Shimano Tiagra rear / 2200 front gears.
Shimano Sora chainset 30/42/52.
|Shimano sealed bottom bracket.|
|Shimano 12-25 cassette.|
Cannondale Theta brakes with Sora levers.
3T Morphe anatomic handlebars.
|Cannondale 3D forged stem.|
|Saddle:||Selle Royale Look-In Gel saddle & Kalloy seatpost.|
40, 44, 47 (650c wheels). 50, 53, 56 (700c wheels).