Specialized have just dropped a major new launch – a brand new Roubaix. It’s a wheel up redesign of the hugely impressive and popular platform that, it’s hard to believe, was launched 15 years ago. This is, of course, the bike that has won the Paris – Roubaix 6 times. It would appear that Specialized have taken the ‘smoother is faster’ principal and really run with it.
What’s to look forward to –
- A brand new frame; more aero than a Tarmac, lighter than a Venge!!
- Future Shock 2.0; Sagan was not, after all, adjusting this headset on the fly last year on the Roubaix. He was testing the next generation of Future Shock. Version 2.0 takes those learnings and applies them to the new Roubaix. Tuneable travel while on the ride.
- A new super compliant pave seatpin to proved more flex and comfort.
- One model all genders – 11 sizes.
- ‘Game changing’ is thrown around too freely but this bike, on paper, is looking super interesting.