Abus Bordo 6000 Lock
The Abus Bordo Lock's unique folding mechanism delivers high security in the most compact format.
The Abus Bordo 6000 is Sold Secure Silver accredited. This means that it has been tested by the Master Locksmiths Association to withstand 3 minutes serious attack. Given the fact that these Master Locksmiths can undo, unpick or destroy most bike locks in 10 seconds, that's impressive.
- Manufactured from six hardened steel bars which are riveted together, the Abus Bordo 600 has the reach of a 90cm cable lock.
- High-security hardened steel lock body.
- These 13cm-long x 5mm-thick bars are rubber encased to make it nicer to handle than cold steel, and to prevent you tarnishing the frame.
- The lock folds into its own compact, frame-fit 18 x 6 x 5cm case.
- Approx dimensions including case: 210mm long x 55mm across x 40mm deep (approx 8 x 2 x 1.5 inches).
- That's small enough to slip into a bag or pocket that might not take a full size lock.
- Supplied with fittings so you can bolt the Abus Bordo 6000 Lock to the frame's bottle cage bosses, or simply strap it on.
- Being made by Abus, Europe's Number One lock manufacturer, you can be confident that security is not compromised on the altar of miniaturisation.
'With the Bordo, ABUS has revolutionised the bicycle lock and established an entirely new type of lock – the folding lock. The bike locks of the Bordo family offer features that have not been provided by any other design to date. Light-weight flexibility in a compact design.
The Bordo 6000 is produced with 5mm steel bars which have an innovative 2 component soft touch coating to prevent damage to bike paintwork. The bars, the lock body and the special rivets linking them together are all produced from hardened steel. The link construction enables compact folding so transport is convenient, while maintaining the ability to lock the bike to large objects. Fitted with ABUS Extra Classe lock cylinder with encoded dimple keys, which are incredibly difficult to replicate.'
Zyro, Abus lock's UK importer.