Whyte Wessex 2017
- Whyte carbon road bike
- Mudguard compatible road bike
- Ultimate sportive/commuting road bike
|Matt Zinc/Lime||52cm||£2,150.00||On Order|
|Matt Zinc/Lime||54cm||£2,150.00||On Order|
|Matt Zinc/Lime||56cm||£2,150.00||On Order|
|Matt Zinc/Lime||58cm||£2,150.00||On Order|
Whyte Wessex '17
Whyte's best carbon road bike with Shimano Ultegra gears and hydraulic disc brakes. Its Schwalbe S-One tyresare sportive/commuting ready making this a UK-ready road bike.
- Built to classic road bike geometry (73 degree head and seat tube angles) the Multi Monocoque carbon frame has the new standard 142mm rear dropouts with 12mm through axle, which beefs up the rear triangle / rear wheel interface to maximise the bike's acceleration and climbing potential.
- The wider axle also reduces stress on the spokes and helps create a stronger rear wheel.
- Both the frame and fork are built for 12mm-wide thru axle wheels to ensure perfect wheel retention and alignment and thus help eliminate the risk of speed-robbing rotor rub.
- Both frame and fork feature concealed eyelets should you ever want to fit full mudguards (free fitting available on any extras purchased with the bike.)
- Neat Flat Mount-fitting Shimano BR-805s are the low-maintenance sure stoppers that have done most to make hydraulic disc brakes accepted on high quality road bikes. Why you want hydraulic disc brakes.
- Shimano Ultegra 1x11 shifting is the go-to gearing of most getting-serious riders because it works so well.
- Both the Easton 21mm wide rims and the fast but forgiving Schwalbe S-One 700x32 tyres are tubeless ready. Why fat tyres go faster.
'The all new Wessex is conceived to be the ideal British road bike.
Developed and specified for riding on all road surfaces, the Wessex uses the very latest in tubeless ready, high air volume Schwalbe tyres on 21mm wide Easton AR rims.
Whether you’re commuting longer distances, winter training or entering summer sportives, the Whyte Road Disc range offers Cyclo Cross durability with pure Road geometry.
12mm through axles, tubeless tyres, disc brakes and the ability to fit full length mudguards makes the Wessex arguably the most versatile and capable carbon road bike we have ever made.'
|Whyte Wessex 2017|
|Frame||Uni-directional Multi Monocoque with Flat Mount 160 Disc mount, DOX internal cable routing, Verti-Grip integrated seat clamp system, concealed eyelets for Mud Guards and 142mm rear dropouts with 12mm through axle|
|Fork||Straight Bladed Carbon Front Fork, Tapered Alloy Steerer with, 12mm x 100mm through axle, concealed eyelets for Mud Guards|
|Headset||FSA No. 42 Integrated Road, 1 1/2" lower and 1 1/8" upper Sealed Cartridge Bearings|
|Rear Hub||Alloy, Double Sealed Cartridge Bearing Hub, Centre-lock, 12mm x 142mm Through Axle, 28 Hole|
|Front Hub||Alloy, Double Sealed Cartridge Bearing Hub, Centre-lock, 12mm x 100mm Through Axle, 28 Hole|
|Spokes||DT Competition butted, Black Sandvik Stainless with Black Brass Nipples|
|Rims||Easton AR-21, 21mm wide Tubeless Ready Rims, 28 Hole|
|Tyres||Schwalbe S-One, 700 x 32c, TL-Easy Tubeless System, MicroSkin Puncture Protection, Folding|
|Shift Levers||Shimano ST-685 Ultegra, 11 Speed|
|Front Mech||Shimano FD-5800 105, 11 Speed|
|Rear Mech||Shimano RD-6800 GS Ultegra, 11 Speed|
|Cassette||Shimano CS-5800 105 11-32, 11 Speed|
|Chain||Shimano, HG-601, 11 Speed|
|Crankset||FSA Gossamer Pro EVO-386 DB 34-50, 11 Speed, Compact Double|
|Bottom Bracket||FSA EVO-8681|
|Seatpost||Whyte 20mm Offset, 27.2mm x 350mm, 1pcs 3d Forged 6061 Alloy, 2 Bolt Clamp|
|Saddle||Whyte Custom Road, with lightweight foam, Triple Panel Design|
|Handlebar||Whyte Road, 31.8mm, Compact "Wing" Bar|
|Stem||Whyte -6 Deg/6 Deg, 100mm 52cm, 110mm 54cm, 120mm 56/58cm|
|Grips||Whyte Anti Slip with 3M Reflective logos on tapes|
|Front Brakes||Shimano BR-805 Hydraulic, Centre-lock 160mm Rotor|
|Rear Brakes||Shimano BR-805 Hydraulic, Centre-lock 160mm Rotor|
|Brake Levers||Shimano ST-685 Ultegra|
|Pedals||Fibre Reinforced Composite Platform|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|