Whyte T-130 SX 2017
- Most affordable Whyte SCR frame bike
- More efficient Single Chain Ring frame
- 130mm-travel trail bike w/Fox shock
|Magenta/Black/Denim||Extra Small||£1,999.00||To be Ordered|
|Magenta/Black/Denim||Large||£1,999.00||To be Ordered|
|Magenta/Black/Denim||Medium||£1,999.00||To be Ordered|
|Magenta/Black/Denim||Small||£1,999.00||To be Ordered|
Whyte T-130 SX 2017
The 2017 T-130 SX brings the benefits of a Whyte SCR single chain ring-specific frame to a sub-£2K budget.
- SCR is Whyte's Single Chain Ring-specific dual suspension frame.
- SCR means the frame is optimised for single chainring drivetrains.
- Its SCS Symmetrical Chain Stays and its wider main pivot create an even stronger and more reliably flex-resistant rig.
- SCR translates to you, the rider, as improved cornering confidence and enhanced suspension performance especially when matched with a Fox Float DPS Performance shock.
- The frame's Boost dropouts take the longer, stronger 12x148mm axle appropriate for a rear hub with an 11 speed cassette.
- This frame design also maximises the strength and integrity of the rear wheel by positioning the Boost hub flanges more outboard, thus reducing stress on the spokes.
- The 100x15mm front and the 142x12mm rear thru-axles help ensure perfect wheel retention and alignment and help eradicate the risk of annoying brake rub.
- The single Shimano SLX M7000 shifter and rear mech deliver a super wide 1x11 gear range courtesy of an 11-42 SRAM cassette and a Race Face Affect 28t chainset with alternating narrow/wide teeth to prevent chain drop.
- The WTB TCS (tubeless compatible system) 29mm-wide rims and 27.5x2.25 TCS tyres make it very viable to upgrade to tubeless.
- The dropper seatpost with bar-mount remote makes it so easy to raise or lower the saddle as the terrain dictates.
- TRP Slate four-pot hydraulic disc brakes excel as we have come to expect from Tektro Racing Products.
- Why you should consider a bike with high quality hydraulic disc brakes - the blog.
- The 760mm wide bars on the short stem (40 or 50mm depending on frame size) deliver immediate steering response.
Add all the other features that make a Whyte mountain bike special, from its signature long, low stable geometry to its Quad Link suspension with lifetime guaranteed pivot bearings - see our Why we’re in love with Whyte mountain bikes blog- it's hard to imagine a better trail bike for the money.
We'll leave Whyte to describe the benefits of their single chain ring-specific design
'Sometimes it’s not what you can add to a design, it’s how much you can take away that makes it brilliant. There’s no better example of that than SRAM’s single ring transmissions and our SCR bikes either. By expanding the rear cassette range all the gears you need are available from one chain ring, simply, sequentially and with no inter chainring grind. Mechanically it means you immediately lose the weight of the chainring, front shifter, cables and front mech. Structurally it frees up a load of space in the most crowded part of the bike where tyre, mud, chain, front mech, suspension movement and seat tube all
Thanks to our reputation for innovation SRAM knew we’d ‘get it’ immediately, so they let us in on their revolutionary thinking way ahead of the curve. That meant we could maximise the advantage of their single minded thinking before most brands even got off the fence. We’re not just talking about making frames that don’t have a redundant front derailleur tab sticking out like a sore thumb either (we had those already).
With SCR we completely redesigned the back end of our bikes to make the most of the new found space. That means symmetrical stays rather than weaker, heavier pipes offset around the chain and tyre. We could also increase the rear pivot span by 20mm, giving an overall stiffness boost where it’s the most obvious for power delivery and handling precision. Add lower weight, better weather proofing, better durability and simpler, faster sequential shifting and you can see why we’ve extended the advantages of SCR to even more bikes in our range for 2017.'
'Whyte T-130 SX
The T-130SX gets a huge upgrade for 2017 and now uses the SCR single chainring specific frame. This multi-award winning frame is combined with the new SLX M7000 series 1 by 11 group set from Shimano. WTB STp i29 rims and TCS tyres give a Tubeless ready wheelset which, when combined with the SR Aion fork and Fox Float DPS double chamber rear shock, give the SX the ability to tame your favourite trails. Internal routing keeps cables and hoses out of harm’s way and with our new rubberised frame grommets it’s totally watertight.'
|Whyte T-130 SX 2017|
|Frame||6061 T6 SCR Aluminium SCR Front Triangle with Tapered Head Tube and Intergrip integrated seat clamp system, alloy symmetrical SCS rear Triangle, 148mm Boost dropouts, Shimano Direct Mount hanger|
|Fork||SR Suntour Aion LO-R 27.5" CTS, Air Spring, 130mm Travel, Tapered steerer and 15QR|
|Rear Shock||Fox Float DPS Performance, Black coating, Rebound Adjustment and 3pos Adjust Evol|
|Headset||FSA No. 57E Orbit ZS, 1.5" Cartridge Sealed Lower Bearing and 1 1/8" Upper Bearing|
|Rear Hub||Alloy, Double Sealed Cartridge Bearing Hub, 12mm X 148mm Boost Through Axle, 32 Hole|
|Front Hub||Alloy, Double Sealed Cartridge Bearing Hub 15mm X 100mm Through Axle, 32 Hole|
|Spokes||WTB 2.0mm, Black Sandvik Stainless Steel Spokes, Brass Nipples|
|Rims||WTB STp i29 TCS System, Tubeless Ready, 32 Hole|
|Tyres||WTB Trail Boss, TCS Light High Grip 27.5" X 2.25", 60TPI, Folding Front, Riddler, Light Fast Rolling TCS 27.5" X 2.25", 60TPI, Folding Rear|
|Shift Levers||Shimano SLX M7000, I-Spec B, 11 Speed, Black|
|Rear Mech||Shimano SLX M7000, Shadow Plus, 11 Speed, Direct Mount|
|Cassette||SRAM PG-1130 11-42, 11 Speed|
|Chain||Shimano HG60, 11 Speed|
|Crankset||RaceFace Affect, direct mount 28T, 11 Speed|
|Bottom Bracket||RaceFace BSA 24mm|
|Seatpost||KS LEV-Integra, Dropper Post with KG remote, 30.9, 100mm travel|
|Saddle||Whyte Custom, dual density, triple panel design|
|Handlebar||Whyte Custom Alloy, 15mm Rise, 760mm Wide|
|Stem||Whyte Gravity Stem, 40mm XS/S, 50mm M/L|
|Front Brakes||TRP Slate T4, Four Pot, I-spec, 180mm Rotor, Internal Routing|
|Rear Brakes||TRP Slate T4, Four Pot, I-spec, 160mm Rotor, Internal Routing|