Whyte T-130 RS 2017
- Whyte T-130 RS frame trail mountain bike
- Fox Float Performance full suspension MTB
- Improved version of 10/10 rated 2016 Trail Bike of the Year
|Matt Granite/Lime/Magenta||Extra Large||£2,950.00||To be Ordered|
|Matt Granite/Lime/Magenta||Large||£2,950.00||In Stock|
|Matt Granite/Lime/Magenta||Medium||£2,950.00||In Stock|
|Matt Granite/Lime/Magenta||Small||£2,950.00||On Order|
Whyte T-130 RS '17
The Whyte T-130 RS is as superb 130mm travel full-suspension trail mountain bike as you might expect from a bike voted What Mountain Bike's 2016 Trail Bike of the Year.
This 2017 version of the T-130 RS offers significant upgrades over the SRAM-equipped Whyte T-130 Sin the shape of its Fox Float Performance fork and shock and its Shimano XT M8000 drivetrain and brakes.
Appropriately for a best-of-British bike the Whyte T-130 RS even boasts that peerless example of British engineering - a super-reliable Hope Pro 4 rear hub with stainless steel bearings. See review.
- SCR is Whyte's Single Chain Ring specific dual suspension frame.
- Its SCS Symmetrical Chain Stays and its wider main pivot create an even stronger and more reliably flex-resistant rig.
- SCR translates to you, the rider, as improved cornering confidence and enhanced suspension performance.
- The latest Fox Float Performance 34 fork Grip Damper offers consistent damping and now comes with a stiffer Boost 15x110mm axle.
- Both the fork and shock can be easily adjusted between open, medium and firm modes.
- 'M8000 is by far the best XT group Shimano has ever offered.' Bicycling magazine.
- The Shimano XT M8000 1x11 transmission now offers an even mightier gear range in a simple single chainring/shifter/mech format via its 11-46 cassette.
- The RaceFace Turbine Cinch's narrow/wide chainring teeth do a sterling job of meshing perfectly with the chain for optimal power transfer matched with chain suck-eliminating security.
- The XT M8000 brakes have a growing reputation for being the best hydraulic discs for the money when it comes to matching performance with reliability.
- The WTB TCS (tubeless compatible system) 29mm-wide rims and 27.5x2.3/2.4 TCS tyres make it very viable to upgrade to tubeless.
- The RockShox Reverb Stealth Dropper seat makes it so easy to raise or lower the saddle as the terrain dictates.
- The 760mm wide bars on the shorter stem (40 or 50mm depending on frame size) deliver immediate steering response.
Add all the other features that make a Whyte mountain bike special, from its signature long, low stable geometry to its Quad Link suspension with lifetime guaranteed pivot bearings - see our Why we’re in love with Whyte mountain bikes blog- it's hard to imagine a better trail bike for the money.
'The T-130 RS features our SCR single ring specific frame with mega-stiff symmetrical chainstays.
A full width main pivot increases torsional stiffness, extends bearing life and maximises suspension performance.
The T-130 RS beat all comers in the prestigious “2016 Trail Bike of the Year” award in the What Mountain Bike, and for 2017 this bike sees improvements in both the wheels and suspension, keeping it in front of the crowd.
Whyte hubs are laced to WTB STs i29 29mm wide rims with WTB high air volume tyres to allow you to exploit even more speed and fun out of the T-130’s geometry.
Suspension is handled by Fox, using Boost lowers and their all-new GRIP damper which brings World Cup winning suspension performance to the T-130 RS.'
|Whyte T-130 RS '17|
|Frame||6061 T6 SCR Aluminium SCR Front Triangle with Tapered Head Tube and Intergrip integrated seat clamp system, alloy symmetrical SCS rear Triangle, 148mm Boost dropouts, Shimano Direct Mount hanger|
|Fork||Fox Float Performance 34, 27.5”, 130mm Travel with GRIP 3-Pos Damper, Tapered steerer, Black Coating and 110mm x 15mm Boost E-Thru Axle|
|Rear Shock||Fox Float DPS Performance, Black coating, Rebound Adjustment and 3pos Adjust Evol|
|Headset||FSA No. 57E Orbit ZS, Stainless Steel Cartridge Sealed Bearings|
|Rear Hub||Hope Pro 4 with StSt Bearings, 11 Speed Shimano Freehub, 12mmx148mm Boost Through Axle, 32 Hole|
|Front Hub||Alloy, Double Sealed Cartridge Bearing Hub Hub 15x110mm Boost Through Axle, 32 Hole|
|Spokes||DT Champion 2.0mm|
|Rims||WTB STs i29, 29mm wide, Sleeved Joint, TCS (tubeless compatible system) rims|
|Front Tyre||WTB Vigilante, Light High Grip TCS (tubeless compatible system) 27.5” X 2.3”, 60TPI folding|
|Rear Tyre||WTB Trail Boss, TCS Light Fast Rolling 27.5x2.4”, 60TPI folding|
|Shift Levers||Shimano XT M8000, I-spec II, 11 Speed|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano XT M8000, 11 Speed, Shadow Plus, Direct Mount|
|Cassette||Shimano XT M8000 11-46, 11 Speed|
|Chain||Shimano XT, 11 Speed|
|Crankset||Race Face Turbine Clinch direct mount 32t chainring, 11-speed, 30mm alloy Boost axle|
|Bottom Bracket||Race Face BSA|
|Seatpost||RockShox Reverb 125mm/150mm travel (depending on frame size) 30.9|
|Saddle||Whyte Custom dual density, triple panel design|
|Bar||Whyte Custom Alloy, 15mm Rise, 760mm Wide|
|Stem||Whyte Gravity Stem, 40mm S/M, 50mm L/XL|
|Front Brakes||Shimano XT M8000 hydraulic disc, 180mm Rotor, Internal Routing|
|Rear Brakes||Shimano XT M8000 hydraulic disc, 180mm Rotor, Internal Routing|
|Brake Levers||Shimano XT M8000, I-spec|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|